Platypus' Beginners Guide to Running

Associate
Nope, the Vivoactive3 doesnt have any space for music on it. The music version is also limited to 7 activities though. This is because it isn't a "Runners" watch and it a bit more "Lifestyley" (My word!)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I cant run with music, ok on a bike but when running it gives me jelly legs forcsome reason. If its blasting out of speakers in the gym its fine as well.

Associate
as i have a bad back, been told that running is the worst thing i can do
so if i give this up, i cant cycle,

just ** off now

Do you do any other exercise apart from running/cycling? I would recommend doing pilates/yoga/swimming in conjunction with running to build up you core strength and the muscles supporting your back.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Best advice i ever had on backs was planks and not holding them for more than 40secs, just repeat until you max out at around 10.

Associate
That's not much fun :(

My wife does Pilates once a week and it does make quite a difference to her condition. The place she goes to has a medical focus though as you can't even start until they have done a full body assessment. Maybe worth looking for something similar?

Underboss
That's not much fun :(

My wife does Pilates once a week and it does make quite a difference to her condition. The place she goes to has a medical focus though as you can't even start until they have done a full body assessment. Maybe worth looking for something similar?

That sounds good

I used to do pilates every week, but then they stop if she goes on holiday or its half term

Didn't feel any difference

I think I would need to do it like 3 times a week

Associate
Degenerating disc on my right side, Google says it's a disease :(

I also have this condition, it was the cause of my sciatica. I stopped running for a period and concentrated on pilates and swimming to slowly build up strength in my lower back and then started running again. I've now been running pain free for over a year with no other issues.

It's quite easy to do pilates at home a few times a week - if you've been to classes before you will already know the exercises you can do, or you can follow some YouTube videos.

Soldato
Out for a 9 mile run today 8:55 AVG pace running in the Nike Next% tell you what it was like running on cushions definitely felt the difference on hills. Still battling my right leg issues scans of my knees have come back clear which is good news but Im just going through the process. Having to stop and walk about 4/5 times within the first 5 miles is frustrating considering the pace I am setting now I would be smashing PR without the issues.

I think im going to be questioning the Next% longetivity though as they look at beat up on the heels and that after the first run :/

Feel for anyone who get injurys I couldnt think of a life without running it one of the best things I have ever taken up for physical and mental health.

Soldato
What was/is the issue with your knees?

It not my knees that are the issue I have zero pain and I have zero pain in the right leg but it just starts to shut off usually about 2 miles in sometimes before. Im running 8 min miles but I can feel the leg just not operating properly I feel that it something below the calf area a compression type injury. Because when I start to walk for 10 seconds I can continue running but It usually comes back so have to stop again etc.

Then from about 4/5 miles onwards it like my leg wakes up and operates fine from running without any issues apart from the odd pains for four years this is frustrating. I now have to see a doctor again and go for a new process the doctors are just trying to eliminate what it could be Im really thinking about going to a sports medicine place even if I have to pay a lot of money.

Associate
'Feel for anyone who get injurys I couldnt think of a life without running it one of the best things I have ever taken up for physical and mental health.'

So this. The affect it has on my mood when I get injured is crazy. Love running every day.

Back
Top Bottom