Play Divx on 360 from MCE

Soldato
Game accross this article, dunno if its been posted. Basically its so all of you with Divx on a Media Center PC can play Divx files on the 360.
I haven't tried it or that, since i havent built a media center yet, but apparently is converts it on the fly?
anyways here you go. I think the link is sfe.
Also it is legal AFAIK, and i got the link from Major Nelsons site so shouldnt break any MS EULA's or that i wouldnt imagine ;)

Soldato
I really still can't see the point. I mean if you have a HDTV your gonna have your 360 plugged into it, but you'd also want your MCE PC plugged in also so you can browse the web, I mean an MCE PC is designed for the living room.

Guess i'm just a bit annoyed at the 360 for nearly being what I wanted, but fundamentally flawed in this respect ie can't access network storage, cant play my own content even when it is legal stuff and doesn't have a browser. I guess only of use if you have a real big house and have a 360 in a different room from your MCE box. Hopefully vista will sort all this out ie proper XP but with the media features bundled as well.

Back
Top Bottom