1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play Divx on 360 from MCE

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by JUMPURS, 17 Jan 2006.

1. JUMPURS

Capodecina

Game accross this article, dunno if its been posted. Basically its so all of you with Divx on a Media Center PC can play Divx files on the 360.
    I haven't tried it or that, since i havent built a media center yet, but apparently is converts it on the fly?
    anyways here you go. I think the link is sfe.
    Also it is legal AFAIK, and i got the link from Major Nelsons site so shouldnt break any MS EULA's or that i wouldnt imagine ;)

2. Memphis

Capodecina

That site refuses to load correctly for me but if this is the re-encode on the fly workaround then it has been posted before.

3. cmt

Banned

from what i saw this is a front-end for it that runs from the 360 as part of the MC extender.

Not tried it yet though.

cmt

4. JimmyEatWorms

PermaBanned

Looks better than the previous solutions which required you to do a lot of fiddling on your PC before playing every video.

5. pinkaardvark

Soldato

I really still can't see the point. I mean if you have a HDTV your gonna have your 360 plugged into it, but you'd also want your MCE PC plugged in also so you can browse the web, I mean an MCE PC is designed for the living room.

Guess i'm just a bit annoyed at the 360 for nearly being what I wanted, but fundamentally flawed in this respect ie can't access network storage, cant play my own content even when it is legal stuff and doesn't have a browser. I guess only of use if you have a real big house and have a 360 in a different room from your MCE box. Hopefully vista will sort all this out ie proper XP but with the media features bundled as well.

6. Metalface Mark

Capodecina

I have an MCE on my plasma, and do absolutely no surfing on it, pc's for surfing, MCE is for watching films and stuff.