1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing The PS2 On My Monitor...

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Steve09, 14 Aug 2006.

1. Steve09

Mobster

Basically, I would like to play my Playstation 2 on my PC monitor.

My PC monitor is not very expensive, its a 15" TFT which was £100 about 16 months ago.

What do I need to do in order to play my PS2 on my monitor and is it possible?

The monitor only has a VGA cable which is going to my graphics card.

The reason I am asking because I have seen people on these forums with pictures of their XBOX 360's hooked up to their PC monitors.

Thanks, Steve :)

2. willthepirate

Gangster

u need one of those "vga box" things from flebay, theyre about 30notes pretty good too

3. Phil99

Capodecina

The XBOX360 can output straight to VGA with no fancy boxes or anything, you just need the VGA cable.

With PS2 it's a bit different as it doesn't have native VGA out.

I'm using a Leadtek Winfast DTV1000-T Digital TV Tuner Card (GX-074-LT) at the moment with S-Video from the PS2 and it works fine. Not perfect quality but definitely playable with no lag or excessive CPU usage.

4. jimmyjimmyo

Gangster

try to get a xrgb there are 2 on ebay right now it is a upscaler and will work with any console on the market.

I use one for my retro stuff (all input via rgb) into a 32" tft and they look lush