PlayStation game sharing...

Soldato
...anyone know if this will work across PS4 and PS5? I know there will be exclusive games for the PS5, but a lot of games will be designed for both consoles.

If someone had both PS4 and PS5, could they game share across them, like they could if they had 2 PS4’s in different locations for example?

Thanks

Soldato
The answer sucks but honestly it will depend on the game...Sony don't have a centralised system for ps4-ps5 so the publishers are setting the rules. With some games for example you can only upgrade via a fee or by purchasing the correct (more expensive) edition on ps4 first.

Soldato
...anyone know if this will work across PS4 and PS5? I know there will be exclusive games for the PS5, but a lot of games will be designed for both consoles.

If someone had both PS4 and PS5, could they game share across them, like they could if they had 2 PS4’s in different locations for example?

Thanks

Yes, they can

Soldato
OP
Thanks both! I couldn’t find a definitive answer to this anywhere, hence my question.

I’m sure some publishers will be downright awkward if they’re in control, but then I guess that’s to be expected. I’d imagine games like FIFA, Fortnite etc will be fine...

Back
Top Bottom