Playstation Plus

Associate
Rock of ages is pretty good fun too. Already got it to the 360 when it was on sale, but worth downloading again since it is free :p

Soldato
Finally sufficiently tempted to jump on the Plus bandwagon - been holding off as all my gaming time has been spent on 175hrs :)eek:) of Skyrim on PC, which is now just about completed....
So, I figure a PSN card at a discounted price is the way forward....anyone have any tips on vendors ? Every little helps, and all that... :p

Associate
Really impressed with some of the games they are giving away these days, DEAD Space 2 is one of my favourite games for the ps3, I'm not bothered I already have it as PSN+ has already given me a backlog of about 8 games to get round too.

Currently enjoying darksiders which I would most likely have missed out in had it not been given free on psn.

Soldato
in that case, could you sell Uncharted 3? i dont have that yet ;)

LOL.. I Already have!!! :eek: :D:D:D

Really impressed with some of the games they are giving away these days, DEAD Space 2 is one of my favourite games for the ps3, I'm not bothered I already have it as PSN+ has already given me a backlog of about 8 games to get round too.

Currently enjoying darksiders which I would most likely have missed out in had it not been given free on psn.

I was really surprised when i played Darksiders and really enjoyed the game. But i completed it and sold it on. Now i have it again and i am playing it through again and still enjoying it. I will say though that the bosses seem to be harder than when i first completed it. Oh and i dunno if its just me but i have had a couple of glitches while playing from the downloaded copy. The main one was when i entered tiamats lair and it went all dark and i just continued to fall. Had to quit and restart. Ah well...

Associate
Finally sufficiently tempted to jump on the Plus bandwagon - been holding off as all my gaming time has been spent on 175hrs :)eek:) of Skyrim on PC, which is now just about completed....
So, I figure a PSN card at a discounted price is the way forward....anyone have any tips on vendors ? Every little helps, and all that... :p

Plus is well worth it in my opinion, been a member since it started :). Found myself playing a lot of games I wouldn't have otherwise because of it.

I used shopto last time I bought a PSN card, they've got an instant code service and a retail one. I used the instant one and it gets added to your account page. A few pennies cheaper than they should be regardless of if you go the retail or instant path

Soldato
Quick question. I have 3 x 3 month codes for PSN+. Was supposed to get one free with my new PS3 in white and thanks to a couple of schoolboy mistakes by GAME I now have 3 :)

Can I enter all 3 codes now and get 9 months or do I have to enter them one at a time. ?

Soldato
OP
because at £29 a year its a price worth paying.

It was a reasonable price, Yes, but as MS have not yet responded to the changes that Sony have made with PS+ its hard to agree that its still a price worth paying.

I'd love to have this type of content monthly on my XBL sub, even if it meant a price raise in line with PS+.

Soldato
It was a reasonable price, Yes, but as MS have not yet responded to the changes that Sony have made with PS+ its hard to agree that its still a price worth paying.

Microsoft have no reason to respond to PS+ or even adjust Xbox Live in any way as long as they remain with the biggest share of the market. I'm sure Sony would in fact love PS+ to be the equivalent of Xbox Live Gold as it would be far more profitable for them - but it's a bit late to make that switch after a decade of offering free online services.

Anyway, it's a good update if you're one of the few people that haven't already played Dead Space 2.

Soldato
Microsoft have no reason to respond to PS+ or even adjust Xbox Live in any way as long as they remain with the biggest share of the market. I'm sure Sony would in fact love PS+ to be the equivalent of Xbox Live Gold as it would be far more profitable for them - but it's a bit late to make that switch after a decade of offering free online services.

Anyway, it's a good update if you're one of the few people that haven't already played Dead Space 2.

To be honest, I've known quite a few people say that PSN+ has become the better value service. You get online gaming for free, as it should be. And you get a crap tonne of free games monthly aslong as you stay subscribed. I cant imagine Sony wish they could have gone the way of XBox live and charge for online play atall. PSN+ would have been great and no doubt it would have been more detrimental to who owns the biggest market share if it was out from day one on PS3. But keep in mind Sonys online offerings were behind Microsofts in the beginning, due to the original xbox having live. I would essentially say PSN+ is now whats closed the generational gap. ANd it'll be offered from day 1 on the next console. Maybe we'll get party chat too :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
To be honest, I've known quite a few people say that PSN+ has become the better value service. You get online gaming for free, as it should be. And you get a crap tonne of free games monthly aslong as you stay subscribed. I cant imagine Sony wish they could have gone the way of XBox live and charge for online play atall. PSN+ would have been great and no doubt it would have been more detrimental to who owns the biggest market share if it was out from day one on PS3. But keep in mind Sonys online offerings were behind Microsofts in the beginning, due to the original xbox having live. I would essentially say PSN+ is now whats closed the generational gap. ANd it'll be offered from day 1 on the next console. Maybe we'll get party chat too :p

only problem i see is, what do they do when PS4 arrives?. their will be no back catalogue to delve into , so they will have to either think of something else or drop their prices and follow Microsofts XBL route.

Back
Top Bottom