Playstation Plus

Caporegime
Well compared to XBox Game Pass, PS Plus sure is underwhelming. Subbed for year for £30 a couple months ago, but so far it's been tosh. I don't even play multi-player.

Soldato
I thought Playstation Now was Sony's Game Pass equivalent? I'm not keen on paying any extra on top of the existing PlayStation Plus subscription considering there isn't any cross-platform crossover with PC or another device (excluding legacy consoles).

Caporegime
PSN similar to XBL
PS Now is more similar to GamePass
so if they add more fees for Crunchyroll then it would be a lot more.

They would have to make it cheaper to get PSN + Crunchyroll separately really for it to be worthwhile because there are not that many who sub to PS Now and Crunchyroll I expect, lower than PSN subscribers anyway. Which is £65 a year.

It would be more attractive as a free perk for PS Now subscribers to get that going a bit more.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had Game Pass for a while but rarely used it so cancelled and I don't have an XBox anymore. PS Now suits me there is plenty on there to play if I want to. I try to play though at least one game a month so for me it is worth it. Game Pass' killer app is the first party games day one (not that there are many but that will change) and getting other companies to day one some of their offerings too (Outriders etc). Sony currently can't compete with that. If the new God of War or Horizon came to PS Now day one they would sell a ton of subs. Can't see it happening though but that might change with other models and services down the road. We've already heard of possible subs merging but nothing concrete from Sony on that. The next 5 years are going to be interesting with more and more massive companies looking to bring game streaming into their offerings (Netflix, Amazon etc).

Soldato
I know it's only a leak but most of the ones in the past have been pretty accurate. Hitman 2 was OK. No interest in the other two. Overcooked gets a ton of praise but it's a local MP game and I don't know anyone else who plays so I've never tried it. Predator meh.

Back
Top Bottom