PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
Saints and sinners is out :D

£28.99

It's a shame there's no physical release for this. Has anyone tried it yet? What's the verdict?

I would say having spent a lot of time playing on my Oculus Quest and on Firewall ZH using the PSVR aim controller I'm reluctant to go back to using the move controllers for an FPS game!

Associate
It's a shame there's no physical release for this. Has anyone tried it yet? What's the verdict?

I would say having spent a lot of time playing on my Oculus Quest and on Firewall ZH using the PSVR aim controller I'm reluctant to go back to using the move controllers for an FPS game!

After playing it last night I’m impressed. The graphics are nice and clear, the move controllers work really good and are very responsive and accurate. Yes you do have to turn using the right hand buttons but It didn’t feel out of place. I agree it would have been better to have had an analog sticks but it works well as it is.

Overall very impressed. Definitely in the top 5 games available on psvr.

Associate
I recently picked up beat sabre as well. How is it possible to love and hate it so much at the same time, especially the levels that only allow X amount of mistakes and have disappearing instructions on the boxes, grrrrrrrrrrrrr, just 1 more go :p:p

Associate
So now that we know that 99% of ps4 games work on the ps5 which includes psvr games apart from Robinson the journey.

We will need all of our old vr equipment to play for now and apparently there will be a free adapter to connect it to the ps5.

Do you think the games will run better on ps5 automatically and possibly look better as the ps4 was never pushing it to its full potential.

Man of Honour
So now that we know that 99% of ps4 games work on the ps5 which includes psvr games apart from Robinson the journey.

We will need all of our old vr equipment to play for now and apparently there will be a free adapter to connect it to the ps5.

Do you think the games will run better on ps5 automatically and possibly look better as the ps4 was never pushing it to its full potential.

I really hope they do improve the resolution and max out up to 108p per eye when using the PS5. I don't think it will be automatic but down to the developers to release a patch.

Soldato

I hoping the extra horsepower from the ps5 will bring some improvements, also would like some decent move controllers

Soldato
Can't see much improvement happening if I'm being honest.
With rumour of a wireless PSVR2 using inside-out technology as little as a year away, I suspect development will go in that direction.

Man of Honour
Can't see much improvement happening if I'm being honest.
With rumour of a wireless PSVR2 using inside-out technology as little as a year away, I suspect development will go in that direction.

oh I didn't know this, well if that is the case i'd be happy to wait for something better on the PS5. I love the look of the Quest but not currently having a gaming PC I can't utilise it to it's full potential.

Associate
I really hope they do improve the resolution and max out up to 108p per eye when using the PS5. I don't think it will be automatic but down to the developers to release a patch.

I forgot the psvr was capable of 1080x960 per eye which were definitely not seeing on the standard PS4. I don’t know how much it increases with the pro patches but I remember reading it looked clearer.

I think the psvr on ps5 is really going to shine if the developers release patches for their games.

Main thing we need right now is new controllers and maybe for the new camera to work with psvr. Hopefully it will improve the tracking in some way.

Soldato
Had a quick go on Minecraft PSVR last night, was quite good. THere are two options, a virtual room to sit in or total immersive which is very impressive.
The total immersion option is excellent! Definitely feels like there's a real drop when you look down from top of a mountain!

Soldato
I'd like to think there will be some benefit in running PSVR games on PS5 but I guess I'd be happy enough it they work when we can get our hands on the camera adaptors. Hopefully all the games and the HDMI pass through splitter box will be compatible with PS5.

You'd hope at least PS5 would run at PS4 pro level with a slightly smoother frame rate. There's quite a bit of stuttering in games like star wars squadrons. With any luck the PS5 could address that issue.

All being well I'm hoping I can sell my PS4 when the new system is released. Have Sony confirmed how PSVR owners can apply for the PS5 camera adapter yet?

As everyone says I think we'll have to wait for PSVR 2 before any major changes. Can imagine it'll be a year or two (late 2021 into 2022 at the earliest) before we see that given the PS5 is only just about to be released.

Last edited:
Associate
I assume the adapter will come with the ps5. I hope it does anyway.

Will we need the splitter box?? The adapter might be used to connect the camera and the headset straight to the console.

Associate
This is interesting. I’ve just read that the v1 splitter box doesn’t support 4K or hdr whereas the v2 does.

So if you have the v1 and pass the ps5 through it and have a fancy new tv you will have to swap the cables to get the full benefit of the ps5.

That’s if we need to use the splitter box. There doesn’t seem to be any info out there right now. Hopefully we don’t have to use it at all.

Im going take a chance in saying that the “adapter” will bypass the need the splitter box altogether. Fingers crossed :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got the V1 box and just use a splitter to switch between PS4 and PSVR for the TV so no swapping of cable. If the adaptor does bypass all of this it would be great but I don't think that is what it's for. I thought it was for the camera that is needed for PSVR as the new PS5 camera won't work for PSVR.

Soldato
This is interesting. I’ve just read that the v1 splitter box doesn’t support 4K or hdr whereas the v2 does.

So if you have the v1 and pass the ps5 through it and have a fancy new tv you will have to swap the cables to get the full benefit of the ps5.

That’s if we need to use the splitter box. There doesn’t seem to be any info out there right now. Hopefully we don’t have to use it at all.

Im going take a chance in saying that the “adapter” will bypass the need the splitter box altogether. Fingers crossed :)

The adapter is simply going to allow you to plug the camera into a USB port.
With just a single HDMI port on the back of the console, you're still going to need that box.

Back
Top Bottom