Please check my Ryzen 2700x temps

Associate
Hi there

I've just been checking my temps under load (no OC - all defaults), with both my case fans and CPU fan forced to max, even while idle:

Wraith Prism fixed at 3000rpm (surprisingly not that loud)
Case fans fixed at 1300rpm

Idle: Tdie 38 to 55 (Tctl +10), Mobo CPU temp: 37
Load after 60 mins: Tdie 75 (Tctl +10), Mobo CPU temp: 63 - Cores averaging 3850MHz

After 60 seconds of returning to idle mobo cpu temp dropped to 49 and Tdie back to around 57.

EDIT - I tried the same again with CPU fan at 2000rpm (leaving case fans at max):
Load after 60 mins: Tdie 76 (Tctl +10), Mobo CPU temp: 64 - Cores averaging 3840MHz - so it looks like >2000rpm CPU fan is really not worth it.

I've found that at idle Tdie is all over the place, and have read that this is normal.

My understanding is the 'Tctl' is just a +10C offset that AMD use to get BIOS or software fan control to kick in earlier.

Next question is whether it's even worth installing the Kraken X62 that's unopened on my desk - without manual OC, would this reduce temps to increase the all-core avg under load closer to the 4.3MHz max?

Last edited:
Soldato
stock cooler isnt bad! considering the price of CPU package but its not the best for all core overclock!

would slap on Aftermarket Cooler if your clocking it or want silence

Associate
OP
stock cooler isnt bad! considering the price of CPU package but its not the best for all core overclock!

would slap on Aftermarket Cooler if your clocking it or want silence

Do you mean in general, or are the temps I’ve posted ok?

I’m seeing a lot of inconsistent reporting online, and confusion about the various sources of the temperature readings.

Back
Top Bottom