please delete

Man of Honour
Just no. They are absolute garbage and only fit for the bin. Do you honestly think you are getting a 700w psu for £30? On the all important 12v rail where the power is actually needed you will be lucky if the label has half that 700w and the psu will likely deliver even much less than that. The rest will be on the minor rails just like the ancient platforms these crap psu's are based on. They weigh next to nothing which is a sure sign of appalling quality and will be lacking many important safety features meaning that when they fail they will most likely take other components with them. Do yourself a massive favour and buy a decent psu from the outset. It will save a lot of grief in the end. One thing in a pc that should never be skimped on is the psu. It's the single most important component in a pc and skimping on one is nothing but foolishness. Buy a decent one now and it will last a long time through several upgrades.

Permabanned
OP
Just no. They are absolute garbage and only fit for the bin. Do you honestly think you are getting a 700w psu for £30? On the all important 12v rail where the power is actually needed you will be lucky if the label has half that 700w and the psu will likely deliver even much less than that. The rest will be on the minor rails just like the ancient platforms these crap psu's are based on. They weigh next to nothing which is a sure sign of appalling quality and will be lacking many important safety features meaning that when they fail they will most likely take other components with them. Do yourself a massive favour and buy a decent psu from the outset. It will save a lot of grief in the end. One thing in a pc that should never be skimped on is the psu. It's the single most important component in a pc and skimping on one is nothing but foolishness. Buy a decent one now and it will last a long time through several upgrades.
This is exactly what I was expecting to hear, thank you! I've never ever risked it before, but I was wondering if it was merely a matter of old psu tech required such a high wattage to achieve the rail strength/amperage for this card and thus a modern lower wattage would suffice.
It did make me chuckle that one of these psu's claims 70% capability and 80plus rating, it does disgust me many sites like scan stock them!

you've literally confirmed what I thought/wanted to be told again! It always strikes me with the fear of god the idea of a cheap random brand psu haha!

this is the card for reference:
https://videocardz.net/msi-geforce-gtx-770-2gb-oc

also how many posts are required for the for sale section? I've been on here for 15 years now and would love to be able to buy stuff second hand for this build!

Back
Top Bottom