Please help me decide monitor

Associate
Firstly lots of greetings to every member. I am in search for a 4K IPS monitor and keep in mind I will be learning stuff and also for watching videos and just general things. I will also be gaming but I am not really into too much gaming so please do not suggest a 1440p monitor with a higher refresh rate as I don't need that. I have found two monitors but can't decide which one to pick.

Phillips 276E8VJSB 4k led vs Asus TUF Gaming VG289Q 28 4k.

The Phillips one cost £285 with two-year warranty and the Asus cost at £345 with a three-year warranty but it is also compatible with HDR-10 and free sync feature. So can you please help me decide which one should I go for. Thanks

Permabanned
Freesync should work on Nvidia too what is the range 30-60hz? Can you find reviews also? I like to buy something people like tftcentral or pcmonitors will review and leave thier calibration findings and settings up for download as manual input or the icc profile.

Like the VG259QM i got seems to be a few clicks in racing mode and i have a good picture. Are you going to watch educational Youtube which i still do you want to really calibrate it. I suspect for this reason plus warranty most like pick Asus.

Associate
OP
Freesync should work on Nvidia too what is the range 30-60hz? Can you find reviews also? I like to buy something people like tftcentral or pcmonitors will review and leave thier calibration findings and settings up for download as manual input or the icc profile.

Like the VG259QM i got seems to be a few clicks in racing mode and i have a good picture. Are you going to watch educational Youtube which i still do you want to really calibrate it. I suspect for this reason plus warranty most like pick Asus.

Thanks for replying and yh both monitors 60hz. Both monitors also have good reviews. Its just different brand and one is HDR-10 and has height adjustments.

Permabanned
Thanks for replying and yh both monitors 60hz. Both monitors also have good reviews. Its just different brand and one is HDR-10 and has height adjustments.

I prefer the Asus then to be honest hopefully you like your buy i just bought as Asus monitor and knowing it might of had to go back was really a headache. Im keeping it now though and while it was HDR, I wanted it off for games as its probably not a real HDR and simply HDR compliant. Real HDR needs high nits im sure this isnt real HDR is it?

Associate
OP
I prefer the Asus then to be honest hopefully you like your buy i just bought as Asus monitor and knowing it might of had to go back was really a headache. Im keeping it now though and while it was HDR, I wanted it off for games as its probably not a real HDR and simply HDR compliant. Real HDR needs high nits im sure this isnt real HDR is it?

Its HDR 10 so it produces 1000 nits. And may I ask which Asus monitor did you buy? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom