Please help... PC Running really bad after several windows re-installs

Associate
Hi all,
I’ve been battling with this for over a month now tried looking all over the internet with no fix. I’ve reinstalled windows several times and issues still remain....

So to start things off... system spec;
I9 7900x currently on coolermaster 240mm master liquid but have a 480mm EK loop ready to install.
Asus x299-a prime mobo
Adata xpg z1 32gb 3000mhz cl16 ram
Zotac amp 980ti
Corsair tx750m power supply but have a brand new Corsair hx1200i waiting.
For Os I’ve got a 250gb evo 970 m.2
Then I have a 120gb crucial for games and 1 1tb western black and one 2tb seagate for storage.

Problems I’m having consists of,
Drivers not wanting to install first time round sometimes have to restart pc 3 times for driver to install properly.

Windows updates get stuck at a certain point and don’t want to go past 80 or 91%.

I get weird black screen flash every so often out of no where then goes back to normal...

Also when I try to unzip something it’s really slow and freezes for like 5 seconds then carries on, I had a 960 evo m.2 in my last system and that was phenomenally fast, it makes this look like it’s a normal mechanical drive... even though I benched the drive using Samsung magician and the reads and writes were correct, the read was actually above the rated speeds...

Games run like absolute crap, cs go which is one of the main games I play is really really choppy and randomly drops from like 250 to 110fps, which on a 165hz display looks awful... same happens on overwatch in a team fight I drop to like 80fps, it’s basically unplayable at that point... btw I only run overwatch on 1080p medium and cs go on 720p sctretched on medium also...

From benchmarks what I’ve noticed so far is that the cpu seems to get the score it should but the graphics scores in firestrike for example are more comparable to 970/980 somewhere in between those two...

Now before you jump on the graphics card, the thing is I tried two different gpus in this system and although I didn’t bench the 1060 the results in games were the same... and I know that the 980ti worked fine in my last system... please if anyone has any idea whatsoever leplease help me out I’m getting really tired of this now... all of the pets were bought used so I’ve no warranty but I’ve spent a susbtantial amount of money on the whole build which well... performs like crap...

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
Definitely sounds like something is unstable, Overclocking or bad memory, but also something else I will mention is how you acquired Windows, if you used the media creation tool, don't bother, format your USB stick or get a fresh dvd, download the iso and use rufus to put it on, I found the media creation tool just adds more issues, sometimes it works, sometimes I've had to burn 4 dvds before I got a copy that didn't cause problems.

Soldato
Agree, check your memory. If that passes, then slowly remove components one at a time and test after each removal. I did wonder if your graphic card might be to blame, but I also wonder about your hard drives - I have seen hard drives that are either dying or have cabling issues cause problems.

Even if you remove everything except one stick of memory and the CPU, just keep testing. Perhaps even test one drive at a time in case one of those is having problems.

Associate
OP
Sorry for the late replies guys only got back online, I will do the men test for sure! Seem as though you’re all mentioning it. And yes I did install windows through the media creation tool, although I’ve used that for like past 3 computers and it was fine every time but if it somes down to it then I’ll take up your offer on the dvd thing. I’m running the ram in xmp but I have run it in normal before and it was same game wise. Also worth to mention the time spy upgrade for 3d mark was on sale on steam so I bought it, and it won’t even run... it crashes the driver straight away and I get a black screen for like a minute until it reloads? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom