Please Please Please help me with my wavemaster

Soldato
I've asked you guys a few questions about cooling my wavemaster, i was throwing around a couple ideas, i.e.
Solution: Buying a coolermaster 4-in-3 module so i would effectively have a 120mm intake. Problem: Door gets in way blocking the fan, removing the door would completely override all the reasons to have a wavemaster

Solution: Buying a holesaw attachment for a drill. Problem: Would cost 40ish quid or above, too much money for something im gonna do once.

two other ideas im throwing around atm are:

1.Removing both 80mm intake fans, Buying 120mm fan and placing it behind the hdd cage area. Problem????: Is this too far away to be effective?
Is the intake problem due to the fan or due to the small holes at the front?

2.Putting a 80mm fan in the blowhole and using it as a INTAKE. Solution: would this do more harm that good as air is coming in from both directions?

So basically what i have to say but heres some other information that could be useful.

ATM im using a Akasa AK-859 Copper CPU Cooler with a 80mm fan It came with a cpu fan speed change thingy, basically it a knob that adjusts the speed of the fan its on full because my amd is too hot atm its at 4000rpm, this thing kicks out 60 cfm at a irritating 40dba. NOW, my point is, if i replaced this with a (hopefully more efficent) Arctic freezer 64 pro, as it move less air but keeps it cooler (hopefully) would this
a) stop air rushing thro my drive bays
b) be fine with my current intake solving all my problems

My Specs:
AMd Athlon 4000+ at stock (2.4) 130nm (bought literally 2 days b4 the venice came out :mad: )
AMD X850XT PE with a arctic silencer ati 5 rev 2 (bought because my card used to get above 100c when playing bf2/hl2 at decent settings
2gb of ram
485w Enermax
A8N-SLI deluxe mobo
IF you could give me advice i could stop hating and start loving my wavemaster :)
Thanks in Advance!

Soldato
OP
sadly i dont think that would work, theres a sort of metal cage behind the fans that is as wide ass a hdd is, probly not enogh for a 120mm fan.
btw ive lower the speed of my cpu fan to 3500 and its now at 43-44oC, wierd.

Soldato
OP
i think im gonna just get a 4in3 or thermal take icage
forget the door, i'll leave it open when im stressing the pc, its the only way to do it with out hacking it apart, i had a thought just then of drilling like 40 holes in the bottom of the case to form a mesh, and putting a 92mm intake buy it.
On a side note, can you a) restrict the speed of the icage/4 in 3 and can the led in the icage be disabled, thanks.

Soldato
How about do what I am doing on my wavemaster.

Intake on the case floor, 1 80mm intake on the bottom of the case and it will bring the temperatures right down.

Unconventional but it has a very good chance of being a great solution.

Back
Top Bottom