Plex + Synology DS216+Problem

Associate
Hi guys,

when i run PLex app on my LG T.V, it runs great, could be a little faster at loading on the TV plex app, not major problem.. but maybe it's the t.v.
when running plex on the pc using the server to watch a film, everything loads up fast with no issues. not sure if adding more ram will make any difference ?

The main problem is.
if the server isn't used for a day or so. and you then start plex up on the LG t.v, it can't seem to find the server, even tho i hear the hardrive scratching away, which means it's doing something. so i spend half hour trying to play a film, incase the server went into some kind of sleep mode.
but still not working.

it seems i have to log into the server and open up the plex app with in the server to get it to work.
So is there a way round this? as the idea was to let the server run, and just watch films off that, and not have to keep logging in to the server to open plex each time, which says plex has update, but for life of me i can't seem to update it as it's with in the server.

anyone got any ideas what i can do? as this is mainly for my mum, and there be no pc there for me to keep logging in each each time. don't make sence to me. any ideas?

GDL

GDL

Associate
Set Windows to auto log-in with the account plex is running under, and adjust the power options to not sleep or hibernate and RDP to the box when plex needs to update to run the update.

Back
Top Bottom