Points per year

Soldato
Rotty said:
in truth I do out it down to observational skills , I think 10 years of motorcycle riding teaches you this
agreed.
the motorcycle ref underlines my point as one thing it does more than any other is make you approximately eleventy million times more aware of everything going on around you.
Freefaller said:
Chatting off the forums wouldn't stop me agreeing/disagreeing with you ;)
and i would hope not.
one of my closest friends frequently argues with me with the same vigour as if he were arguing with someone he hardly knew.
in here you do notice certain people almost being allowed to say "X,Y and Z" because they're part of the same clique.
i'd prefer people to speak their mind straight down the line.
thnx for the reply anyway....you sarcastic parachutey type :D

Soldato
3 points in 5 years for a TS10

0.6 points per year. I hate the fact that it remains declarable to insurance for another two years or so. How I drove 3 years ago (let alone five) whilst having not long before passed my test, bears very little on how I drive today.

I'm by no means an expert but I think its fair to say you learn a lot in the first few years of driving.

Soldato
0 points in 1 1/2 (or even almost 2) years (Passed August, First car in December)

Been very lucky. Stopped about 3 times for speeding...

Once when I took off down a road with a cop car behind me, 60+ mph
Other time was when I overtook a Mondeo doing 20mph (this was safely though... dual lanes just before they merged... cops said I overtook on the otherside of the road :confused: )
Third time was on the way home from work (when I worked at a pub), went past a police car at 50mph going the opposite way (bearing in mind this was 1am). Saw them pull up at the side of the road so dropped a few cogs and went for it.

I'm not proud of any of them and am glad to say I've calmed down considerably since then.

Soldato
23rd Jan 2001 - 1x SP30 (42mph in a 30 dual carriageway at 12.30am)

21st May 2006 - 1x SP50 (probably :()

Coming back from the lakes this afternoon this afternoon there was a carmera van on a bridge. Was doing 90mph (indicated) MAX so should be fine with just 3points, gutted.

2 weeks of waiting, cheers Cumbrian police :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
In just under 5 years I've managed to collect 4 points, all for the one offence. I was wrongfully convicted of a CD10 with no evidence except that of both drivers stories, the police and the courts choosing to believe a convict who is known for drug taking and has since lost his licence due to drink driving.

You've got to love the system.

Associate
3 points in 12 years for me..

TS10 in 1998, traffic light changed red and i couldn't stop before the line (wasn't speeding just had an old car with no power brakes) junction camera flashed me after i'd managed to stop the car.. just over the line but not impeding traffic flow in any way.. to say i was a little hacked off was an understatement :(

a more interesting question might be how many times have you been pulled over whilst driving.. for me it's 50+ times in 12 years.. driving 2-door sportscars when you're 17 / 18 years old gets you noticed :)

GT3

GT3

Soldato
karoshi said:
a more interesting question might be how many times have you been pulled over whilst driving.. for me it's 50+ times in 12 years.. driving 2-door sportscars when you're 17 / 18 years old gets you noticed :)

Probably about 50 times in a year. Driving a modded Saxo late at night got me pulled a lot, but driving a yellow one - even more so :(

Infact the other day, I got followed for ages after coming off a roundabout quite fast (NSL so not speeding). The copper clearly got hacked off that I was obeying the law and when I pulled up in a car park, he got off his bike and pinned me against a wall. He said "your driving is absolute ****ing ****", I asked why and he said "you set off on a red light, well a red-amber - and I will have the rest of the force look out for you in your little **** noddy car". Anyway I asked for his badge number and he soon left me alone, but how harsh is that :(

Associate
3 points in 19 years, so that would be 0.157points/year.

Observation is key, the 3 I got were from an unmarked car who followed me on the M5 doing 85. When he pulled me over, he stated the only reason he pulled me, was it was raining a little. Any other day and he would have not bothered :(

Never been flashed by a camera, I just find they are just too obvious not to notice.

Back
Top Bottom