Points per year

Soldato
GT3, that's ridiculous mate! I hate it how with some coppers, they think they're god. Ruins it for the good cops IMO.

So, did you get his badge number?

18 years and no points. Dont exactly stick to speed limits either but am generally on the look out for cameras when I do. Havent been pulled over in years. Last time must have been 12 years or so ago when some silly bint tried to run me off the road then had the audacity to accuse me of wreckless driving. Two lane road she swerved for no reason from insde to outside forcing me into oncoming traffic. :eek:

GT3

GT3

Soldato
paradigm said:
WTF Paul, that is just harsh. I hope you did get his badge number.

Oh and for the record, I have NEVER been pulled over. I used to drive a modded saxo late at night too!

I did and it shut him up, but doubt I will report him as I'll just get harrassed even more.

And its just in the centre of Chesterfield late at night, I think they are just bored tbh.

Soldato
0 points in 14months of driving.

I have had my own cars (2 x Mondeo & a Rover 200) for almost a year and covered about 10k in them.

I think I have been lucky on a few occasions.

But TomTom with camera POI, alertness and common sense prevail!

Soldato
The_Dark_Side said:
and based on your choice of cars i'm guesing you break the limit a lot yeah?
and yet you have no points.....because you clearly have good observational skills.

I agree to a degree, but there is the odd time when it's just down to luck.

For example on Sunday, as I mentioned earlier, coming down the M6 in Cumbria, came round a soft bend in the inside lane doing between 85-90mph indicated and I spot up ahead a scamera van on the bridge. I saw it immediately and backed off straight away.

Now if I do get points for this then it's pretty much down to bad luck imo (yes yes I know I shouldn't have been speeding in the first place).

All the observation the world couldn't help me there I saw the van immediately and there was nothing more I could have done. This was on a near empty motorway (the fact that I was in the inside lane which is very rare for me shows his! :p). I'm hoping I was too far away but I'm pretty sure that if you can see the van then it's too late :o

Permabanned
R124/LA420 said:
points.jpg

2.83 pts per year (over 17 years!) , not too bad considering the silly mileage I do anually. :o

I had an MS50 which came with a free IN10. Zero points though.

Before you ask yes I was insured.

Soldato
5 points in 5 years, only caught once though. Would have been 3 points as the officer just gave me a FPN, but when I went in to pay I realised that my photocard had got lost along with my wallet, I gave them my paper licence and applied to get a new photocard, but apparently that wasn't good enough so it went to court and got 5 points and a £100 fine....payable in 50 weekly installments of £2 a week. (was a student = no income).

I would agree with The_Dark_Side, I've seen it argued on here that it's easy to creep over the speed limit and get caught but it doesn't actually seem to happen at all if ever. I know when I was on 5 points (within 2 years, or something of passing so 1 point = bann0r) it was really very easy keeping to the speed limit :p

Think it might have expired now, can't remember :)

Soldato
Driving for 16 years. Just 3 points - that was 10 years ago, 60 on a dual carriageway that was a 50 limit.

Been stopped for speeding maybe 20 times, probably 4 or 5 of those over 100mph, once definately doing 130mph and once I actually raced an unmarked Police car pmsl :D

Soldato
TripleT said:
I agree to a degree, but there is the odd time when it's just down to luck.

For example on Sunday, as I mentioned earlier, coming down the M6 in Cumbria, came round a soft bend in the inside lane doing between 85-90mph indicated and I spot up ahead a scamera van on the bridge. I saw it immediately and backed off straight away.
but you're missing my point entirely mate.
i'm NOT saying it isn't easy to be caught.
what i AM saying is if you're trying to obey the posted limits then it is decidedly difficult to be caught.
obviously if you've made a concious decision to drive at 90 then things are going to happen a lot faster, cutting down your time to react.

my own experiences on the road lead me to firmly believe that it's impossible to be "accidentally" caught.if you're speeding deliberately then it most definitely can be easy to pickup points.however if you're trying to play by the rules and "accidentally drift over" so far that you're snapped then IMHO you're not observant enough to hold a driving license.

Soldato
The_Dark_Side said:
but you're missing my point entirely mate.
i'm NOT saying it isn't easy to be caught.
what i AM saying is if you're trying to obey the posted limits then it is decidedly difficult to be caught.
obviously if you've made a concious decision to drive at 90 then things are going to happen a lot faster, cutting down your time to react.

my own experiences on the road lead me to firmly believe that it's impossible to be "accidentally" caught.if you're speeding deliberately then it most definitely can be easy to pickup points.however if you're trying to play by the rules and "accidentally drift over" so far that you're snapped then IMHO you're not observant enough to hold a driving license.

Ahh apologies, my excuse is that I was skim reading on works time :D

In which case, I agree. :)

Back
Top Bottom