Poker

Soldato
seek said:
not even beginners luck? :eek: :o

Lol yeah of course but over the long run nope.

Just follow that chart above and if you don't hit anything on the flop. foldem

Theres always another hand.

That way you won't be far off th emoney at the end of the night ;)

In poker you really only be playing about 25%~ of your hands.

Soldato
OP
divaboy said:
Oh and dont' forgot to report back tommrow to tell us how you got on
ok, here's what happened...

it was only a fiver in, with six people playing. after everyone paid their entry fee we played with an equal number of real chips.

my friend ant won £20, then two guys left and the remaining four played for the last £10.

and i won it! :)

not exactly a huge sum of money, but at least it paid for my drinks and entry. plus furthermore I WON!! (something...). :D

Last edited:
Soldato
seek said:
ok, here's what happened...

it was only a fiver in, with six people playing. after everyone paid their entry fee we played with an equal number of real chips.

my friend ant won £20, then two guys left and the remaining four played for the last £10.

and i won it! :)

not exactly a huge sum of money, but at least it paid for my drinks and entry. plus furthermore I WON!! (something...). :D

Yep good effort. Pleased to hear it :)

Associate
Glad you enjoyed it. It's a great game. If you are hooked read "The Theory of Poker" by
David Sklansky
Sklansky's Fundamental Theorem of Poker:
Every time you play a hand differently from the way you would have played it if you could see all your opponents' cards, they gain; and every time you play your hand the same way you would have played it if you could see all their cards, they lose. Conversely, every time opponents play their hands differently from the way they would have if they could see all your cards, you gain; and every time they play their hands the same way they would have played if they could see all your cards, you lose.

Soldato
Small stakes limie holdem by edmiller and CO. Is by far a better book if yor starting considered by many poker players as the "bible"

Granted theory is a good book but I think its not ideally suited to a new player IMO

Back
Top Bottom