Police officer shot dead in Croydon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
RIP, I did not read fully earlier so did not know the scum survived.

Not to worry Cressida (useless) Dick is on the case!

Man of Honour
Detained on suspicion of possesion of ammunition and no one checked him for a firearm? Sound very odd.

That was my first thought, but until the exact circumstances are revealed it’s all conjecture.
If he, (the perp), had been arrested and was being taken to the Custody Centre, surely he would have been searched, and handcuffed, even if a search had revealed nothing, but we don’t know how it all went down yet.
He may well have been apprehended outside the Centre, and taken in there to be searched and processed.
Still odd, as you so rightly say.

Soldato
How the **** did he get into the custody suite armed with a firearm? Do the police not search people they've arrested anymore? But no doubt "lessons will be learned".

Soldato
How the **** did he get into the custody suite armed with a firearm? Do the police not search people they've arrested anymore? But no doubt "lessons will be learned".

I read the story this morning and there was a quote from a police person saying something like considering the furor everytime they search someone (that's almost the direct quote) now they didn't do it. I'm assuming that meant the suspect was a POC but I may be wrong, I don't know why else they would say that.

Soldato
I read the story this morning and there was a quote from a police person saying something like considering the furor everytime they search someone (that's almost the direct quote) now they didn't do it. I'm assuming that meant the suspect was a POC but I may be wrong, I don't know why else they would say that.

Damn, my comment above was tongue in cheek, but if that's true this country really has lost the plot

Soldato
I 100% read it but now the article is different, it was on bbc at 10.30am ish I think when I read it. Annoying me I can't find the quote now.

You might find they did say it, but they then asked for it to be pulled. It often happens.
Police PR won't want criminals to think the police are too scared to do body searches.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I've never seen a copper too scared to do anything to a PoC, we're not travellers.

Either way it is irrelevant as the guy was detained by PCSOs, not real police.

Also, he was already on their terrorism watch list? And then apparently shot himself ("apparently" as they've said that needs confirming), and was quite obviously wandering around with a loaded firearm - another nutcase it seems as opposed to something more sinister.

Man of Honour
Poor man, RIP :(

There's not enough money in the world to convince me to live in Croydon, it's honestly like driving through a third world country.
Agree. I once turned down a very well paid job in Croydon after coming away from the interview thinking **** that.

Man of Honour
Poor man, RIP :(

There's not enough money in the world to convince me to live in Croydon, it's honestly like driving through a third world country.

Probably mentioned it before but it is the only place so far I've been randomly started on by a stranger in the street (wasn't even one of the worst parts).

(Unless it has changed a lot in the last 2 years most of it is nothing like a 3rd world country though some parts can be pretty depressing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom