POLL: Motorway speed limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

daz

daz

Soldato
Around town when it's quiet i can get up to around 100-110mph, unfortunately when coming into school and leaving school there's cars everywhere and i can rarely get above 70.

Down the dual carraigeway i'll do anything from 150 to around 300mph.

Associate
Originally posted by Muncher
People who get mullered by company car tax and tax on company fuel ;)

Too true, we've got Diesels as the CO2 lower, apart from the director who's got a 911 :rolleyes:

Anyway, i used to do 90-100 sown the motorways, but i grew up and do 70-85 ish

Nige

Maz

Maz

Soldato
Originally posted by [TW]Fox
Fleet managers when they see excess amounts being used :)

I've been using the one from my last job for nearly 2 years filling up approx £50 for about 350 miles and i haven't had a single complaint.

In my new job however fuel is restricted to £75 a month.

Associate
Originally posted by Maz
I've been using the one from my last job for nearly 2 years filling up approx £50 for about 350 miles and i haven't had a single complaint.

In my new job however fuel is restricted to £75 a month.

I have to pay for the private fuel or i get hammered on the tax front, and i do around 1000 miles private a month at 10p a mile

Associate
Originally posted by Digi
The bloke who drives the van at work usually does 90-100mph down the m3, which annoys me greatly.

Are there any cameras at all on the M3??

I was behind a car all the way from Wokingham to Southampton and our speeds never dropped below 90.

Kept a good watch out for coppers on the bridges though ;)

Associate
Originally posted by [ASSE]Arnie01
I cant beleive so many people are openly admitting to breaking the law.

Dear me.
Arnie

I heard on 5th gear last week that the 70mph speed limit was introduced because some nutter in a ac cobra did 200+ down the M1 :eek:

Permabanned
Nope, no cameras as of yet surprisingly. No doubt they'll be put in place soon. As for the coppers on bridges, sometimes they have them on the bridges near the junction where the m3 joins the m27. I don't like speed myself:confused:

Permabanned
Originally posted by [ASSE]Arnie01
I cant beleive so many people are openly admitting to breaking the law.

Dear me.
Arnie

So many people? There arn't many people who have actually admitted to speeding in this thread. I'd count 5 people, if I could be bothered to look :)

Permabanned
Originally posted by Nigejn
Anyway, i used to do 90-100 sown the motorways, but i grew up and do 70-85 ish

Nige

Yeah I used to get on the motorway or big A-roads and drive flat out.. 3rd lane, 100-120 but it's not clever really.. you use a **** load of petrol, it takes longer to stop, if you have a blow-out you're stuffed, if you get caught they'll throw the book at you.. and for what? to get there 20 mins earlier :rolleyes:

Doing 70-80 is less stressful in every way, and it's surprising how little time you lose compared to driving fast. Better to be late than dead on time, too.. as they say.

Associate
Originally posted by dirtydog
Doing 70-80 is less stressful in every way, and it's surprising how little time you lose compared to driving fast. Better to be late than dead on time, too.. as they say.

Yeah i've noticed that too, you may only save say 5-10 mins sometimes, anyway if i lose my license i lose job, simple and its probably the same for quite a few others here too

Nige

Man of Honour
Although I rarely venture on the motorways these days, when I do I keep it under 80. I've given the car a good blast before, but as dirtydog says, sub 80 speeds are far less stressful. Pushed it to over 100 in my old banger not long after passing my test, I valued my life too much to try it again:p

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Maz

£50 for 350 miles :eek:

How big is the engine? :eek:

Man of Honour
Originally posted by dirtydog

There is something quite relaxing about sitting in the inside lane cruising at 65, listening to your music knowing it isn't costing you much and you are not in a hurry :)

ZuG

ZuG

Associate
Am I right to be under the impression there are never gatsos or any sorta built in speed cameras on motorways except when there are speed restrictions (such as roadworks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom