POLL: Motorway speed limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I read...phew..quite a while ago, at least two years, that the govt. planned on increasing the spped limit on motorways to 90mph, while decreasing the speed on roads from 30, to 20mph.

Now, doing 20mph would do my head in, but I wouldnt mind doing it in select roads and areas, like near schools.

Soldato
Originally posted by Maz
My 1.6 Suzuki.

:eek: that's crazy mpg!

My 1.5 gets me 380 miles dfrom a single a tank! Did you have extra fuel pods on the side?:p

To rub it in further, it costs me $14 to fill my car up (around 9 quid)

Associate
Originally posted by [TW]Fox
There is something quite relaxing about sitting in the inside lane cruising at 65, listening to your music knowing it isn't costing you much and you are not in a hurry :)

So it's you that get's in my way when I'm undertaking all the lane hogs :mad: :p ... 65 is harder in my car as it's an awkward position on the accelerator and flicks between gears too much

All of you people doing over 70 should be ashamed... don't you speeding costs lives....
I hope the government increase the limit soon so it's safe to go faster.
:D

Soldato
Originally posted by Maz
In that case come down to Gateshead and you can swap your car for a 1.2 Punto.

:)

Nahhh......I used to live in Gateshead so I know what it's like :)

(OT - Which garage are you working in? I might pop by next time I'm in the North East, pretend to be a customer :))

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Fusion
Hmmm @ all these people mentioning fuel consumption. Lopez, were you travelling safely when you were doing 120 in a 30 zone as you put in another thread not so long back? ;)
Yes.
If that was the case, on the hypothetical road I mentioned, then I would have been travelling safely.

Soldato
Originally posted by daz
When i really open it up on a good stretch of road i might get up to around 400mph.

Lmao! Actually this thread isn't as bad as I thought it would be for people exaggerating their crusing speeds. Usually when I talk to people at school, everyone's dad drives at 140 mph :rolleyes:

Soldato
Wasnt someone banned for a short while for openly admitting drink driving not too long ago?

How is breaking the law by speeding any different to drink driving? People have openly admitted breaking the law in here...

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Rob "Hooah!" Offer
Wasnt someone banned for a short while for openly admitting drink driving not too long ago?

How is breaking the law by speeding any different to drink driving? People have openly admitted breaking the law in here...
Nah, certainly not that I remember.

A more likely situation would be:

Person admits openly to drink driving
Flame war begins
Insults get thrown about
People get banned/suspended

Soldato
I tend to sit at 70mph, will go up to 80 to get past something... and occasionally 90mph if there's big bunch of traffic which I want to be clear of.

I rarely do more than 90. Eats too much juice at that speed, since the turbo's on full boost by then! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom