• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be ditching 3900X/3950X for 4900X/4950X

Will you be ditching 3900X/3950x for 4900X/4950X?

• Total voters
Associate
£150?? That's got to be bargain of the decade.

Was it damaged and you repaired it or something?

Nope, an old college friend bought it for mining. realised it wasnt getting the return he hoped for and asked if i wanted to buy it. id just bought a 3600 so i wasnt too bothered and said no. He offered me, Asus strix b450, 16gb corsair vengeance RGB ram and the 3900x for £250.00. i sold the board and ram for £100.00. I kinda felt bad but he didnt want to list it on Ebay or take it to CEX so i bought it.

Soldato
It depends how good it is and what new features it brings the table (I/O decompression blocks as seen in the consoles to improve storage throughput). I would say no though unless it's significantly faster and brings an exciting new feature like the above.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
On release? No. Later on at half price or so on sale as Zen 4 comes out? Maybe :D

No rush whatsoever, no game I play stresses my 3600 at 4K. I am always GPU bound or manage to hit my fps target where it is capped. Only game I can think that may change this is the new flight simulator that is coming out.

Associate
I'll certainly dump my 9900k if the single core performance is greatly improved along with frequency. Also having IF overhead to run higher mem would be really nice.

Man of Honour
I've currently got a 3700X and in a few days will have a 3900X so my old CPU will be donated to my son. I honestly can't see a reason to upgrade from an X570, 3900X and 32gb RAM for a few years. But I may upgrade my son's in a year because he will get more gaming benefit from it than me.

Soldato
i'll be keeping my 3900 for the forseeable. I actually wish with hindsight that i'd have got say a 3700x or something and then used the extra cash to get a higher end graphics card. I ended up getting a 1660ti which is pretty good for 60hz gaming but i definitely should have split my funds more wisely. And now i'm in lockdown financial lockdown mode so no prospect of and upgrade too soon any way :(

Back
Top Bottom