Porcupine Tree

Soldato
OP
On The Sunday Of Life arrived yesterday. It's fairly good, but no where near as good as Signify.

Any more reccomendations then :D (Stuff more like Signify)

I've got..

In Absentia
Deadwing
Signify
On The Sunday

Favourite tracks from Signify (to help if anyone wants to reccomend more albums)

Neural Rust
Dark Origins
Dark Matter
Waiting
Light Mass Prayers < Really love that song. Really creepy, religious and weird.

Last edited:

Sic

Sic

Soldato
you want porcupine tree recommendations, or similar bands?

Coheed and Cambria, Pure Reason Revolution, Pink Floyd

Soldato
Signify is my favourite album by them, can just listen to it all the way through so easily, and its almost like the first time i listened to it each time. Special album i think :)

Soldato
Saw Porcupine Tree live last year (I think it was) at Nottingham Rock City. They were fantastic, though Steve did break a string strumming above the nut at one point, lol.

It was also a little weird seeing loads of drunk middle-aged men (obviously teenage Pink Floyd fans) strangely gyrating to the music.

Awesome band, though. "She's Moved On" is one of the best songs I've ever heard.

Soldato
Thought I'd bump this thread

TBH I'd never heard of them until a mate of mine said she was going to see them at the Hammersmith Apollo next month.

After a bit of research I found out they'd been around for over 20 years! :eek:

One studio album every 2 years over that period of time is pretty good going, Steven Wilson must be a fair old grafter in music terms.

Their music is definitely growing on me, though If I didn't see them live it's the sort of music I'd only want to hear on a decent Hi-Fi system to hear it at its best.

Soldato
I've bought their new album, The Incident, which came out on the 14th Sept. It's pretty good, but it's definitely not one of my favourites :(

Caporegime
I really like it, think it's definitely a grower. I would say it seems more like Signify if we're comparing it to any of their albums. Going to see them in a few weeks :D

Associate
I would say so. Having seen the band live on several occasions they never failt o blow me away.

Love this band, one of my favorites.

I've heard their meant to be amazing live. I have their arriving somewhere DVD-A live album and they are very good. In fact I prefer it to their original album songs.

Haven't had a chance to listen to their new album yet though.

Back
Top Bottom