Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
So I got a Boxster!

1999, 100k, yes it's a 2.5 tiptronic, but it's fantastic for mooching round town and the occasional motorway blast, which these days isn't often. :(

All in all I was wary of going for tip but having seen the car and the wealth of service history (RMS done + tip maintenance), I'm over the moon with it...

23hrwd2.jpg

1zbvrpk.jpg

Soldato
Daylight robbery, same thing for other cars cost £100 !

Think mine was £380 or £480 fitted, can't remember.

I know! Shocking huh, only took 2 hours to do.

Done the rear brakes yesterday too, but can't get the light to turn off, so will have to get the wheels off and check the plugs are in properly.

Soldato
So I got a Boxster!

1999, 100k, yes it's a 2.5 tiptronic, but it's fantastic for mooching round town and the occasional motorway blast, which these days isn't often. :(

All in all I was wary of going for tip but having seen the car and the wealth of service history (RMS done + tip maintenance), I'm over the moon with it...

23hrwd2.jpg

1zbvrpk.jpg

I can see the appeal of having one, but that engine is a bit lacking for such a car.

Soldato
I can see the appeal of having one, but that engine is a bit lacking for such a car.

200bhp is more than enough considering I'm mostly wafting through town and occasionally going for boring motorway trips up North. I can always work into a 911 at a later date.

I've had flat out performance (Scooby) I'd prefer to be in something I appreciate all round.

Man of Honour
I like them, the end.

I like your little Boxster, I think its the same colour combo as my 911, at least externally, can't remember what paint mine has but its a colour mainly seen on 993's. I'll have to find out what blue it is, mines not lapis. It also reminds my of my old S, I loved that car. People think that the 2.5 is a bad engine but they still have a fair amount of go.

Also a little update on my car:

I haven't updated my thread yet as I ran out of time for it over christmas and kinda just let the fella get on with it but she is back up and running, oil pressure is much better and more importantly there is no oil mixing in the water. Every single fluid in the car is new including all the roof hydralics. Overall the rebuild seems to have solved my problems and I put a shed load of new parts into the engine, and quite a few into other parts of the car.

Still before it goes back on the road there are a few things that need doing, one of my wheels is for some reason killing tyres, its eaten 3 new bridgestones on the offside rear in a period of just a few months, I've had all the suspension looked at and the wheel checked out and the fella tells me its got quite a big flat spot. So I think I want to put a set of the Sport Classic 2 Split rims on there with new rubber all the way around.

I also have a rip in the roof to deal with but summer is a few months off yet.

Soldato
I like your little Boxster, I think its the same colour combo as my 911, at least externally, can't remember what paint mine has but its a colour mainly seen on 993's. I'll have to find out what blue it is, mines not lapis. It also reminds my of my old S, I loved that car. People think that the 2.5 is a bad engine but they still have a fair amount of go.

Thank you, it's not like I'm never going to hoon it but I work an awful lot and I just fancied one so thought that the 2.5 would be sufficient, like I said I've had higher performance cars but it's not about straight line speed for me anymore.

OcUK Staff
OP
Thank you, it's not like I'm never going to hoon it but I work an awful lot and I just fancied one so thought that the 2.5 would be sufficient, like I said I've had higher performance cars but it's not about straight line speed for me anymore.

Irrelevent of the engine, its still got Boxster mid-engine car handling. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
I don't see the complaints around the engine feels nippy!

Depends what your used too, the chassis can handle a lot more power with ease.

For me one of my favourite drives was the Boxster 2.9 DFI, not the most powerful but a rather joyful engine as it simply loves to be thrashed over and over. :D

Soldato
Depends what your used too, the chassis can handle a lot more power with ease.

For me one of my favourite drives was the Boxster 2.9 DFI, not the most powerful but a rather joyful engine as it simply loves to be thrashed over and over. :D

I've had remapped Scooby, E46 330i, Clio 200, RX8, the lot. It certainly doesn't feel lacking.

Back
Top Bottom