Portable battery packs

Soldato
Anker is well respected. I have the 5200mAh one.

Im using a 13000mAh one and its fantastic. Takes overnight to fully charge it but i can fully recharge 2 phones and a couple of high end e-cigs before its down to 1 bar left.

It will output 2X 5v upto 3Amp at the same time, great for charging 2 phones at the same time!

Last edited:
Soldato
To echo above, Anker all the way.

Although, now I've got my Z3, I hardly need it, which is nice :) Better than carrying around my old S4 AND the battery pack!

Soldato
Depends on what size you want, but I'd recommend the EasyAcc iChoc as it has a built in cable for either Micro USB or Lightning, as well as a separate USB port so you can charge 2 things at once.

Im using a 13000mAh one and its fantastic. Takes overnight to fully charge it but i can fully recharge 2 phones and a couple of high end e-cigs before its down to 1 bar left.

It will output 2X 5v upto 3Amp at the same time, great for charging 2 phones at the same time!

This :) I've got the 13000mAh Anker too, and my Samsung S4 will get 4 charges off it. The device is a little bit bigger than a deck of playing cards. £30 off Amazon (2013 price when I bought it).

Soldato
I have an Anker, pretty solid. Though with mine the button is really easy to turn on in my bag so I end up using battery when I don't want to.

Man of Honour
Did anyone mention anker?

EDIT: That said I might advise avoiding their ~3000mah cylindrical shaped version (astro mini) - after fox's thread the other day I asked around and found a few people have issues charging their phones past 85% with it.

There are a few brands that do fairly decent battery packs but just be aware some of the cheaper "noname" ones use reclaimed unprotected cells from laptop batteries and often don't have 1/3rd their rated capacity/random cell lifespan left and in extreme cases can be a fire risk if they cheap out on the circuitry (you can buy a fully protected tp4056 based circuit for pence so there is no excuse).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom