Portsmouth/Fareham OcUKers, are you interesting or know someone interesting?

Man of Honour
Hey all,

This year I set myself a number of goals, one is to start a new photographic project called "I Am" where the sole aim is to bring the individual stories of interesting people within the local communities and share their experiences and/or stories with the wider locality with a view of going regional as the project grows. The shared stories will be in the form of Instagram/Facebook posts with a few portraits followed by an up to 1 minute long interview style video (think Petrolicious/Modern Family) clip of their story. All portraits/clips will be in my usual style of black and white. I plan to have a few examples posted shot and posted soon.

As it grows I am hoping to catch the attention of local bodies like sites/papers etc and of course councils to help with continual growth and giving something back to the community in terms of inspiration from the featured people and the like.

Once I have a host of stories to share, the individual posts will be accumulated into a single page and shared as one #I_Am_Portsmouth (changing city name for each location) post, you get the idea, with an outline of the who and the why in the opening paragraphs.

There is no set criteria for who can feature. I'm after anyone who would like to be a part of this. I already have a few people from friends to even people off reddit onboard ut as always, the more the merrier.

It is not something I have seen done before in this way and definitely not something done before with aim to bring people together and telling their stories in this specific format. Think Humans of New York, but more personalised for the local community.

So.... are you holding onto an interesting life experience or know someone ho is that might want to share?

Cheers!

Soldato
Bloody paparazzi!!!

I would say the older generation in the area would be worth investigating. Probably a lot of retired sailors around and they always have interesting stories.

Back
Top Bottom