Positioning a side-panel Fan? Quick Answer.

Soldato
Hi guys,

I’ve got a Chieftec Dragon Tower Case that has a mounting for a fan; which direction should it be blowing, in or out? I can’t decide :rolleyes:

I know the general idea is to draw air in at the front and remove it at the back, but this side panel mounting seems to be in a bit of a ‘grey area?’

Thanks ;)

SW.

Associate
Every time i have used one i have it blowing in to give cool air to the nearest component to the fan (CPU, GPU or northbridge). Might be worth trying both and no fan to see if it has any impact on temps.

Cant use the one on my case due to a tower of aluminium fins in the way :rolleyes: aka scythe ninja

Soldato
I've had one in the past sucking out especiallt with graphics cards that exhaust the hot air internally. Cards like the 7800GT draw cold air into the front of the card from around the hard disk area and then exhaust it into the case just under where a side fan would be. Lot depends on what sort of card cooler you have with my current X1800XT I'd put it drawing air in. The other advantage of drawing air out is it stops you caoting you graphics card in dust which is the net result of having an unfiltered side intake!

Back
Top Bottom