Possible power button issue?

Associate
Hi,

On the 26th of June last year I bought a pre built gaming pc from this site here's the case(i changed a few things) https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-430-OE

I noticed a few months ago that pressing the power button would sometimes not turn the PC on, normally after the second attempt it would fire up. This has now gotten a lot worse and is at the point where it won't turn on at all unless I apply light pressure on the back of the circuit board which is behind the power button on the case door. Sometimes this doesn't work either. There is power going to the case as there's a light on the MB.

I'm not really sure what to do about it. Hopefully someone can help!

Soldato
Not a long term fix but you could try switching the power button/reset switch headers on the motherboard. Then use the reset switch to power it up?

Last edited:
Associate
Not a long term fix but you could try switching the power button/reset switch headers on the motherboard. The use the reset switch to power it up?

What this man said, unless it all runs through some sort of circuit board? If you trust yourself to do it the old skool way bridge the two power sw pins on the mobo with a screwdriver, or the safer way if you have a spare reset/power switch from another PC plug that in. I always rip them out of old cases as they are always handy!

Back
Top Bottom