Possible PSU Problem - PC shuts down randomly on games

Associate
Hi all, between this Christmas and the new year, I purchased the R9 fury and a cougar 650w (bronze) psu.
It was going realy well for a couple weeks so I decided to overclock the gpu, I only pushed it up by 20mhz, and I increases the power limit by 5%. When I was running benchmarking software, it began to shut down randomly. I finally got it to stabilise and carried on using it as it was, I thought this was a normal part of overclocking. When playing certain games, such as GTA V, Fallout 4 and new vegas, it started to shut down again, thinking it was odd I completely removed the overclock and power limit, and put them back to normal. However even then I still experienced random shut downs. The weirdest experience I with ETS2 (yes I know...) before even getting into the game, where I am selecting which profile to use, I click play and bam, shut down..... I feel its a problem with the PSU, because it will not turn back on again until it's turned off st the wall, and the pc is completely drained of power by connecting a USB fan until it goes off. It then will boot up again. I think the problem may be something to do with the pc trying to draw too much power from the PSU, but I want a second or third or maybe even a fourth opinion onto what could be up with it or what could be done to rectify it... please help thanks

Back
Top Bottom