Possible to connect Raspberry Pi 3 B+ to pc and share resources?

Associate
Hi all. My friend has an office desktop pc and wants another person to share it's resources from a different desk. I think the Pi would be ideal. Can anyone advise how the Pi user can connect to the pc in the same office and use it at the same time as another user? Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Hi thanks for reply. By resources I mean the 2nd user can log into Windows, Office, Internet.

Apart from the bigger question of why do you want to do that? The raspberry pi is more than capable of browsing the internet, and there are plenty of open-source office packages.

You'd need to somehow install Windows on the raspberry pi (I don't think there's a way of RDP'ing from Linux) and then set up some sort of terminal service on the main PC - this might not even be available on a home edition of Windows.

Either way, what you're asking is quite a complex setup when the Pi could just be natively used for the tasks you mentioned.

Soldato
...and use it at the same time as another user?

That's the big problem as i believe, could be wrong, even Window 10 Pro/Enterprise only allow one connection (locally or remotely/RDP) at a time. If that's not a issue, then there are RDP clients (Remmina springs to mind) that work on linux, you just need to make sure the Desktop system is running Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise.

Otherwise, another system would be the easiest, most straight forward and cheapest solution.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom