Post Your Chicken Strips

Soldato
And they won't get much smaller....

TUcH8a8.jpg
VpFGlXC.jpg

Soldato
My rear is about 5mm on average, sometimes smaller if it's nice weather but that is achieved at relatively low speed, banking it right over at high speed is too high risk on the roads

Associate
Mine are about 20mm but roll on nice dry roads, that said...I'm actually not that bothered.
I don't know if anyone else rides like me but I go pretty slow really on the straights and speed up for bends.
Not really used the bike lately but was recently commuting in all weather and flattened the rear off a little.

Soldato
Even though I'm not fussed about my chicken strips I just remembered my tyres are the stock tyres and are generally regarded as adequate I go a little easier on them than I would a better tyre. When I've had my monies worth out of them the next set of tyres will not have such a big strip thought it'll never be gone.

Soldato
The Turkey Drummers have long gone on the blade:

WP_20150327_002_zpsaomzmz5i.jpg

I've not used the Benelli so much however (it's mainly been in bits) so I haven't yet wiped the elephant of the Metzelers :D They are 190/55 as well, so you are well leant over by the time Nelli gets a bit of tarmac on her trunk.

WP_20150327_003_zpsqq8yij1c.jpg

Soldato
Here's mine - not too bad considering I've only had the bike since the end of December and have had maybe 2 decent dry rideouts on it.

about 1-1.5cm on the right

2-2.5cm on the left

Front - huge!

Compared to just after I'd picked the bike up, they were halfway up the short tread groove/, so I've aldeady reduced them by quite a bit.

That reminds me, must get our drive washed down, it's dusty as hell! The bike sits under a car-port so that area doesn't get any washing by rain.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
@TallPaul - Doing well mate seeings you've only just passed, Perfect 1st big bike as well.

Scrubbed my new rear in now so from today I can ride it properly so it'll be interesting to see what my tyre looks like in a week or two.

Soldato
I think my tyres are pretty much square :p

Not a lot I can do really. The commute to work is straight and I'm pretty hard on acceleration. Unless I just ride leaned over to the left on the way to work, and ride leaned over to the right on the way back? :p

One

One

Soldato
Bearing in mind the bike is 40 years old, I don't really want to test it too much! It seems like every other ride something falls off :p

JsJqU83.png

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
What ******* chicken strips ? :D

PhKc8v0l.jpg

This is my new rear with about 500 up it, An Angel GT, Superb tyre that really gives you the confidence to go as low as you want. :cool:

Soldato
You haven't worn away the "Angel GT" yet?! :p

How are they, good I presume? Nice and sticky in the dry? Looks like a 180 rear, decent profile for getting cranked over? Only a little 160/60 rear on my CB.

Back
Top Bottom