**Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here ** (56k ***)

Man of Honour
Vonsteve said:
I snapped one in my local car park not long ago
polo13bj.jpg

This is a Polo Harlequin. It was an official Special Edition available to buy from your VW dealer. The interior is even more wacky!

I think this used to be a Mondeo
image0155kb.jpg

Again, this isn't quite as way out as it seems. It's a 2.0 Si Citrine - they did a run of special edition Si's in that horrible colour called Citrone. Ugly, yet standard. This particular example has a daft Evo spoiler, and a fibreglass Mk2 RSAP kit which doesn't really suit the Mk1.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Again, this isn't quite as way out as it seems. It's a 2.0 Si Citrine - they did a run of special edition Si's in that horrible colour called Citrone. Ugly, yet standard. This particular example has a daft Evo spoiler, and a fibreglass Mk2 RSAP kit which doesn't really suit the Mk1.

Didnt they only make 11 or something?

Man of Honour
Burned_Alive said:
Didnt they only make 11 or something?

You are thinking of the Mondeo RSi. They made 10 of these - they were Citrine 2.0 Si's sold by Hendy Ford, but they had 150bhp and flag decals on the rear passenger doors.

There are quite a few more regular Citrine ones.

Soldato
lordrobs said:
I know, I posted it :D Was just having a laugh with the guy :)

It looks good just a shame I didn't have a decent camera with me when I snapped it instead of my mobile.

Nah I like it, its a pretty good photo for a phone I reckon. I just upped the contrast slightly. Is it an oldsmobile maybe, I looked but couldnt find anything exactly like it. Could be a Pontiac then I figure those are Cadallic fins at the back. My best bet is that it looks a bit like a custom Buick job but those had a monster mouth grill at the bottom. Its definetly a custom something with a chop top like that.

Anyway nice spot, lots of old american collected cars here:
http://livingbeing.com/oldcars.htm

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
This is a Polo Harlequin. It was an official Special Edition available to buy from your VW dealer. The interior is even more wacky!

I knew the polo was actually available to buy like that at one point as special edition as you said. I just snapped it cos i'd not seen one on the road before so thought some people may not have seen it. It certainly stands out.

Didn't know about the mondeo lol it really is a vile colour and just stood out as being nasty.

Soldato
Oooh I saw a black skyline gtr yesterday burning it past us, cor blimey did that sound and look nice!

Such a pity it was going too fast for me to get a photo of it on my phone :rolleyes: I am also 65% sure I saw Jeremy Clarkson in the new Bentley Continental GT and I think I saw 'trigger' in an old jag or something oldddd, a few weeks back. :)

Back
Top Bottom