Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Caporegime
You couldn't possibly make one of those any more ugly so more power to them lol.

I always for some reason remember the bit in old top gear where jezza says that the designer was doing a good job then suddenly died when he got to the rear of the car, and then they chucked a lumped up duvet onto the back of the car and called it finished. :p

Soldato
You couldn't possibly make one of those any more ugly so more power to them lol.

I always for some reason remember the bit in old top gear where jezza says that the designer was doing a good job then suddenly died when he got to the rear of the car, and then they chucked a lumped up duvet onto the back of the car and called it finished. :p

I thought they were ugly when they came out but I really like them now. Pity most of the available engine options are very unreliable.

Soldato
I thought they were ugly when they came out but I really like them now. Pity most of the available engine options are very unreliable.

I’m inclined to agree. For some reason that era of BMW has aged very well in my eyes. Perhaps it’s something to do with the V10 and the M styling, but even the cooking models aren’t looking so bad. The Z4 is looking good too.

Soldato
They were ugly when they are new and still are. The proportions are wrong from every angle :D

I think BMW are just going to keep making the grille bigger and bigger, until you can fit a garage door to it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a great encounter this morning, although no pictures. Heading north on the M25, coming up to the A12 junction from the Dartford Crossing. I was in the outside lane trying to get past a clump of traffic so I could settle down to a cruise. Coming up behind me at about Mach 1 was a black Range Rover, tinted windows, and the number plate "BIG 1".

I rolled my eyes, accelerated and moved over out of his way, and was just thinking to myself that the driver must be a walking stereotype with the world's smallest penis, when, as he passed me, I noticed he was quickly followed by another car bearing the number plate "BIG 3", so fairly obviously linked - it was a white Bugatti Veyron.

Awesome machine, and the first time I've seen one in the flesh on the road. Fair enough mate...well played :D

Anyway, this prompted a question from my girlfriend..."If your Range Rover has BIG1, and your Bugatti Veyron has BIG3, then what is BIG2 on?". I've just looked on the MOT checker and BIG 2 is also currently on...a red Bugatti "Unknown", but registered in 2019...so presumably a Chiron?

So assuming these are all owned by the same people - fair play to you :D

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Had a great encounter this morning, although no pictures. Heading north on the M25, coming up to the A12 junction from the Dartford Crossing. I was in the outside lane trying to get past a clump of traffic so I could settle down to a cruise. Coming up behind me at about Mach 1 was a black Range Rover, tinted windows, and the number plate "BIG 1".

I rolled my eyes, accelerated and moved over out of his way, and was just thinking to myself that the driver must be a walking stereotype with the world's smallest penis, when, as he passed me, I noticed he was quickly followed by another car bearing the number plate "BIG 3", so fairly obviously linked - it was a white Bugatti Veyron.

Awesome machine, and the first time I've seen one in the flesh on the road. Fair enough mate...well played :D

Anyway, this prompted a question from my girlfriend..."If your Range Rover has BIG1, and your Bugatti Veyron has BIG3, then what is BIG2 on?". I've just looked on the MOT checker and BIG 2 is also currently on...a red Bugatti "Unknown", but registered in 2019...so presumably a Chiron?

So assuming these are all owned by the same people - fair play to you :D
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/4857110.stm

Highly doubt it was this guy. Perhaps he sold it on for a tidy profit?

Caporegime
Article said he also bought BIG 2 and BIG 3.

BIG 1 comes back as a black Land Rover. But on the MOT history checker it still comes up as a RAM, probably because the Land Rover is yet to be MOT'd.

Back
Top Bottom