Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Caporegime
I just don't see the pull compared to say a hatchback or an estate, but looking at the types of car on the road I guess I'm a minority :cry:. I agree batteries will lower the centre of gravity, but then that would be the same as for a normal height of car. Not sure why they'd have more comfort either. Ultimately you can't beat physics and they have more body roll than the equivalent hatchback/saloon version.
But you need to put the batteries somewhere and saloons are compromised with interior head room. Hence stuff like ‘foot garages’ from VW where there is a gap in the battery for your feet ? Something like an I-pace rolls a lot less than you think as all the weight is low down. I guess you haven’t driven a recent EV though ? Ignore the i3. That thing is terrible

Soldato
The comfort is easy. Back of a Tesla. Hip to heel is like 250mm vertical measurement. Most cars 300+ means there no thigh support at all on the cushion for my 15year and 13year old kids. Better for the 8 year old admitted.

dry now so will try ludicrous + later but after 20 mins or so it still wants 25mins to heat the battery up ready...

Soldato
But you need to put the batteries somewhere and saloons are compromised with interior head room. Hence stuff like ‘foot garages’ from VW where there is a gap in the battery for your feet ? Something like an I-pace rolls a lot less than you think as all the weight is low down. I guess you haven’t driven a recent EV though ? Ignore the i3. That thing is terrible
No I've not, but my comment was more fir the none electric suvs. I'm not sure you do gain any extra headroom as the car is higher off the ground to start with. An ipace is still going to roll more than something like a Tesla just due to how it is.

Soldato
TVR really was a beaut.

IMG-6099-HDR.jpg

He rang me last night too book the shoot in :)

Did the shoot this evening. Stunning car.

TVR Sagaris
by Peter Richard, on Flickr

Engine swapped as the 6cyl blew, now fitted with an LS7 and about 500bhp. Sounds amazing.

Soldato
Terrible wheels. The other style they did suits them much better!

Nice car. At least the LS7 went in because the old engine blew I guess! :p

Wheels are alright I think, owner complains they are too big and the suspension is very crashy so he's going down to 18s and changing the springs. He's an elderly gent so needs more comfort.

Have another couple, don't think he reads this forum...

IMG-6637-Edit.jpg

IMG-6634.jpg

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Something TVR related - I get my cars serviced/motd in one of the TVR factory buildings.

Back
Top Bottom