Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
air intake

Porsche-Cayman_GT4-2016-1024-5f.jpg

Porsche-718_Cayman_GT4-2020-1024-be.jpg
I think on mine the intake was whatever came through the vents. I've had a Google but can't get the picture pasted (viewing from my phone). Must be a serious amount of air the modern ones are sucking in.

Caporegime
I think on mine the intake was whatever came through the vents. I've had a Google but can't get the picture pasted (viewing from my phone). Must be a serious amount of air the modern ones are sucking in.

On the Cayman/Boxster which is what Jonny has posted (for some reason) the intakes are split for engine cooling and air. On the 911 it's engine cooling.

Soldato
What are the vents for? When I had my 996, they were intakes for the turbo radiators iirc, but it would seem odd to have that setup for turbos now, then change it for that car, unless it's more air for the engine.

Normally the radiator is at the front and the engine intake gets air from the side vents. On a mid engine car anyway.

The problem with side vents is a lot of crap thrown up by the tyres goes in to them and destroys filters quite quickly.

Soldato
Sorry i meant the picture shows two 911s and I incorrectly got some 718/Cayman images. Still trying to work out what they are for on the GT3 RS as clearly not intercooler and previous RS made a point of ram air induction to increase power at speed.

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom