Post your favourite case.

Soldato
CaSh_MoNeY said:
Sorry, that looks tacky!!

My mate bought some of this stuff to stealth the drives on his CM Stacker, it looks rubbish.

Bought what? The lian comes with it...

Anyway it breaks up the looks a little so it does not look too plain and works well.

What case do you have? (oh, you don't like the v1000+ either, why am I bothering :p)

And Burned_Alive... your case has been defiled by a blue lump of plastic :D

Associate
that was the one thing that did'nt appeal to me. Whatever it is, fake, real it just does'nt look right imo. First time I saw the case as much as I liked it I thought the owner had modded it with that themselves. :p

I'm still toying with the idea of getting a v1000+ for one of my rigs. See what happens at the end of the month. Guess its not really worth putting pics of the case up if I do. Bet thats been done already. :)

Associate
nikebee said:
i think i'm the first to say it...

Antec Sonata I, the original one... the second one has a couple of improvements, but i think the air duct is a bad idea (especially if your using a decent sized CPU heatsink).

when the case first came out, i fell in love with the damn thing... great design, quiet housing, love the drive rails and removeable components etc...

only thing its missing is a removeable motherboard tray.

I'm still using mine, best case i've ever had :)

Soldato
Yewen said:
Take it for what it is, not what it is trying to be.

Comes to something when on a budget case this is the moaning point, a piece of plastic :p

Yes it is a terrible attempt at carbon fibre, awful infact, but it looks ok and makes the design, as without it you have a silver box. :)

Dont get me wrong, the Lian Li is a great case, its just that really puts me off it, i think it would've looked much better just in plain black. And this case wasnt budget when i was in the market, it was the same price as the coolermasters, which put me off even more.

Raikiri said:

Anyway it breaks up the looks a little so it does not look too plain and works well.

What case do you have? (oh, you don't like the v1000+ either, why am I bothering :p)

And Burned_Alive... your case has been defiled by a blue lump of plastic :D

And which blue lump of plastic would that be?

Last edited:
Soldato
Burned_Alive said:
And which blue lump of plastic would that be?

In the one you posted...you know the blue bit, thats made out of plastic ;)

Even if it is not your case, saying one with a large lump of blue on (brilliant case ruined by the window) is your favourite is a little hypocritical when one with 2 small strips of plactic is ruined by it.

Soldato
Raikiri said:
In the one you posted...you know the blue bit, thats made out of plastic ;)

It is my case, however i think the window far from ruins it, i really like it. I actually replaced the original plain side panel (which i still have, intact) with the windowed panel and then replaced the original green window panel with a blue one from a 210, took some finding! At least its exactly what its meant to be, not trying to imitate an material that was too expensive to put on the case.

Raikiri said:
Even if it is not your case, saying one with a large lump of blue on (brilliant case ruined by the window) is your favourite is a little hypocritical when one with 2 small strips of plactic is ruined by it.

But thats the thing, its not hypocritical at all, its all in my opinion, so i can say what i want and so can you!

Soldato
Looks are a very personal thing, just put it this way it is the perfect thing to mod on the PC7.

Although I think it looks great, makes the case believe it or not, without it it just looks rubbish, seperates everything up nicely.

Soldato
Yewen said:
Looks are a very personal thing, just put it this way it is the perfect thing to mod on the PC7.

Although I think it looks great, makes the case believe it or not, without it it just looks rubbish, seperates everything up nicely.

Yeah, ive seen some painted silver and they look crap, i just think they overthought it a bit by painting as carbon, and should've just left it as plain black.

Associate
Raikiri said:

I know the Lian li comes with it but you can buy this stuff, it’s all the same, carbon effect plastic lol. Sorry it looks bab..

The V1000? i love to hate it :p not really, its ok. I like your case also, just not the plastic carbon thingy.

Soldato
CaSh_MoNeY said:
I know the Lian li comes with it but you can buy this stuff, it’s all the same, carbon effect plastic lol. Sorry it looks bab..

The V1000? i love to hate it :p not really, its ok. I like your case also, just not the plastic carbon thingy.

Fair enough, but like Yewen says it would be too plain without it. At least thats my opinion of it... maybe they should offer replacements in either black/silver brushed alluminium or actual carbon fibre as they are easy to replace.

Associate
Yewen said:

Why would the case look rubbish without it? the plastic only goes across the top doesn’t it (from looking at the pics)

I mean if your not looking for it, to look at the front or front/side of the case, it would look totally the same with or without it yes?

Soldato
You can see a line of black from the front.

It does prevent the case from being a silver box.

It for me personally makes that generation of PC cases what they are.

It is more obvious on the larger cases though, without it is a bit of silver overload.

Burned_Alive said:
Yeah, ive seen some painted silver and they look crap, i just think they overthought it a bit by painting as carbon, and should've just left it as plain black.

And make the case slightly cheaper :D

Or they could have used the money to make the front port cover a bit better.

There are very few negatives about this case at the price point, it is cosmetic and a big talking issue, I can settle for this being how great the PC7 is.

It is a shame that it will never get a mention in 5 years time when people look back as one of the great cases, just because of its cost.

Its like a K6-2, peoples case, or something along thoose lines without sounding too left wing :p

Last edited:
Associate
Yewen said:
You can see a line of black from the front.

It does prevent the case from being a silver box.

It is more obvious on the larger cases though, without it is a bit of silver overload.

Hardly noticeable tbh

In my eyes it still a silver box lolol, not enough to detract from its true identity

That’s why i prefer black cases.

Soldato
A black box then!

I like silver personally, the black really does make a difference, especially if you have been living with the case on your desk for a long time.

As another note, stops the aluminium from being scratched there, as on ATCs cases it is the prime point for it to happen.

Back
Top Bottom