Post your FTTC line stats & unlocking info

Associate
I have BT homehub 3.0 and openreach Echolife HG612 SP10 I need help to unlock,
I tried taking the power cable out and disconnected the homehub.
I then tried put the ethernet cable into LAN 2 and held the reset button and then plugged the power chord back in, however I get no signal and don't understand how to set the IP address as 192.168.1.100 on Windows 7 with a built in standard network card Intel 82567LM-2

edit - please help, I have looked over 6 pages and still not managed to find the information I am looking for! I dont want to reset my modem anymore timesas I hear that enables interleaving and I dont want my ping to sky rocket! I just want a faster upload as I am only hitting 74/14meg and getting ping from 16-30's

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have BT homehub 3.0 and openreach Echolife HG612 SP10 I need help to unlock,
I tried taking the power cable out and disconnected the homehub.
I then tried put the ethernet cable into LAN 2 and held the reset button and then plugged the power chord back in, however I get no signal and don't understand how to set the IP address as 192.168.1.100 on Windows 7 with a built in standard network card Intel 82567LM-2

edit - please help, I have looked over 6 pages and still not managed to find the information I am looking for! I dont want to reset my modem anymore timesas I hear that enables interleaving and I dont want my ping to sky rocket! I just want a faster upload as I am only hitting 74/14meg and getting ping from 16-30's

You need to go to network and sharing center, click on the lan connection, click properties, click ipv4 and properties, change the IP to 192.168.1.100 in there, the subnet mask will auto set it's self

Soldato
No,not sure about fastpath, but as I understand Interleaving is always set to "auto" on FTTC & can't be switched on/off permanently,but it possible to a add it independently to your upstream/downstream on FTTC.

If you have ADSL2, then phone your isp & get them to do it, but it is pointless having fastpath if you suffer from a poor phone line.

Last edited:
Associate
No,not sure about fastpath, but as I understand Interleaving is always set to "auto" on FTTC & can't be switched on/off permanently,but it possible to a add it independently to your upstream/downstream on FTTC.

If you have ADSL2, then phone your isp & get them to do it, but it is pointless having fastpath if you suffer from a poor phone line.

I'm on sky fibre.

i was syncing at 39997/1999 9ms ping to bbc.co.uk

after one week the interleaving kick in on download only upstream is off.

I had a fault on my line which kicked interleaving on.

The fault was fixed around 1 week ago, so far the ping has remained higher.

Just wondering it if was forceable. obviously with FTTC SKY cannot manage the line and DLM has not altered it.

Associate
I'm on sky fibre.

i was syncing at 39997/1999 9ms ping to bbc.co.uk

after one week the interleaving kick in on download only upstream is off.

I had a fault on my line which kicked interleaving on.

The fault was fixed around 1 week ago, so far the ping has remained higher.

Just wondering it if was forceable. obviously with FTTC SKY cannot manage the line and DLM has not altered it.

I know with the old Sky Connect we were able to put in a order to have interleaving turned off so cant see why the Fibre Team cant do it for FTTC,
Give them a call and see what they say.

Associate
Hi Steve, I have. Sky's own LLU wouldnt put fasthpath on for me after numerous attempts

sky fibre team told be on 4 occasions now their product isnt on fast path...... i think they need re-training.

FTTC is all managed by BT ' dslam

Associate
Hi Steve, I have. Sky's own LLU wouldnt put fasthpath on for me after numerous attempts

Sky always said from the start they will not do fastpath,
Now in lama (The tool we use to change profiles) if you are on a stinger we are able to change the line type but are NEVER to put it on fastpath,
We only got that option so we can set it to interleaving if we see that a line is on fastpath,

With that being said if i see a line on fastpath and its stable i leave it.

sky fibre team told be on 4 occasions now their product isnt on fast path...... i think they need re-training.

They might be using SFFA-FTTC Real Time Network Data in openreach,
This is the back end of DLM server lets you see the line over X number of days.

But if they go in to test the line for a fault in there is shows line type as fastpath,
Also shows what the line is in sync at and what it can get and the number or line errors and so on,
I hope they roll fibre support out to more of the agents soon as looks very interesting.

Last edited:
Soldato
After a perfect few months it's all gone to hell, even after a lift and shift...

lineerrors.png

Associate
Just got mine Infinity 2 package installed. Previously adsl 3/1 now full throttle 80/20 :) Distance from the cabinet <100m.
hv3vb4.png

2lubfhu.png

And speed test
1969764990.png

downloads from www
r7j5l0.png

Generally connection is pretty stable but at peak times downloads from torrents don't exist (kb/s) but downloads from websites looks ok and speed test constantly shows the same speed. So I am pretty pleased with the package but after end of contract I'll definitely migrate to other provider;)

Associate
You need to go to network and sharing center, click on the lan connection, click properties, click ipv4 and properties, change the IP to 192.168.1.100 in there, the subnet mask will auto set it's self

I knew it was on there somewhere, I tried that on ipv6, was wondering why it didn't work!

GRRR getting really annoyed, must have reset my modem about 5x now so no doubt interleaving will be off for a while which means my pings will be **** again for a while :'(

Worst of all I still cant get it unlocked!

I have the homehub 3.0 and Echolife HG612 SP10

I have tried both these combinations and both fail!
Complely removed the homehub so that its not connected and just the cholife hg612

1. Power off modem
2. Connect PC directly to lan socket 2 of (Echolife HG612 SP10)
3. Changed network ipv4 to 192.168.1.100 (auto enters subnet mask)
4. Hold in the rest button on (Echolife HG612 SP10)
5. Connect cable back to (Echolife HG612 SP12) to power it back on
6. Keep the reset button pressed in for a further 5 seconds
7. use browser to visit 192.168.1.1

Also tried
Have the homehub 3 connected to echolife hg612 sp10 via 2 ethernet cables.
-Modem connects to homehub via ethernet LAN2 to "BT Infinity" Red ethernet port
-Homehub connects to PC via ethernet port 1 to ethernet port on computer

1. Power off modem
2. Connect PC directly to lan socket 2 of (Echolife HG612 SP10)
3. Changed network ipv4 to 192.168.1.100 (auto enters subnet mask)
4. Hold in the rest button on (Echolife HG612 SP10)
5. Connect cable back to (Echolife HG612 SP12) to power it back on
6. Keep the reset button pressed in for a further 5 seconds
7. use browser to visit 192.168.1.1

This does not work for me, I cant get access to the page and have 0 internet.

I have tried both and neither work for me and I am sick of doing resets and holding in that damn button!

GIVEN UP! just cant get any configuration to work :'(

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got mine Infinity 2 package installed. Previously adsl 3/1 now full throttle 80/20 :) Distance from the cabinet <100m.
hv3vb4.png

2lubfhu.png

And speed test
1969764990.png

downloads from www
r7j5l0.png

Generally connection is pretty stable but at peak times downloads from torrents don't exist (kb/s) but downloads from websites looks ok and speed test constantly shows the same speed. So I am pretty pleased with the package but after end of contract I'll definitely migrate to other provider;)

You need to use usenet to max that connection 100% of the time. I don't even bother with torrentz these days as there is too much risk. Usenet is safer, faster and more up to date media.

Associate
Sky always said from the start they will not do fastpath,
Now in lama (The tool we use to change profiles) if you are on a stinger we are able to change the line type but are NEVER to put it on fastpath,
We only got that option so we can set it to interleaving if we see that a line is on fastpath,

With that being said if i see a line on fastpath and its stable i leave it.

They might be using SFFA-FTTC Real Time Network Data in openreach,
This is the back end of DLM server lets you see the line over X number of days.

But if they go in to test the line for a fault in there is shows line type as fastpath,
Also shows what the line is in sync at and what it can get and the number or line errors and so on,
I hope they roll fibre support out to more of the agents soon as looks very interesting.

Hi Steve, cheers for the Info :) hopefully my line will.sort its self. I will also get a radio and check for rein in the house, just to make sure!

Lastest copy of my line:

Connection Status
Help
Mode VDSL2
Traffic type PTM
DSL synchronization status Up
DSL up time 659774

Line Status
Help
Downstream Upstream
Attainable rate (kbit/s) 41660 7329
SNR margin (dB) 3.8 23.8
Line attenuation (dB) 0 0
Output power (dBmV) 11 -1.9

Statistics
Help

Path 0
Path 1
Downstream Upstream Downstream Upstream
Line rate (kbit/s) 39277 1999 0 0
CRC errors 237418 0 0 0
FEC errors 5116 471 0 0
HEC errors 66988 0 0 0

Last edited:
Associate
As you can see the errors on my line seem to cause the SNR to drop. If I re-sync now it will go back up to 6.1db then over the course of a few days it goes back down :(

Had it as low as 1.4db before...

I've had an engineer out who fixed an arch on my line at the cabinet which also fixed the noise in phone calls.

Still the rrors tho.... does that look like an acceptable amount for the up time??

Associate
As you can see the errors on my line seem to cause the SNR to drop. If I re-sync now it will go back up to 6.1db then over the course of a few days it goes back down :(

Had it as low as 1.4db before...

I've had an engineer out who fixed an arch on my line at the cabinet which also fixed the noise in phone calls.

Still the rrors tho.... does that look like an acceptable amount for the up time??

Its not the errors causing the snr to drop,
Would say the errors are due to the snr dropping,
Cant sat much on this or how the profiling works on fibre.

Also as for the error count you cant comment on time alone it depends on usage also if you are downloading / streaming a lot of data then the errors are not to bad but if just browsing then they are far to high.

Back
Top Bottom