Post Your Garden!

Associate
As various Arbor companies have explained to me, the right tree for the right place, and these weren't right for the space, the roots had begun to extend to the conservatory on our land, and also to the neighbours and it was agreed they'd go. It won't be so overlooked once everything is done, there is a plan and privacy will be created where privacy is needed.

Soldato
A before and after of our upstairs garden. The one below the forest where our house actually is still looks like a bomb hit it and probably will for the foreseeable future, so it's nice to have somewhere to go to and relax.

Soldato
A before and after of our upstairs garden. The one below the forest where our house actually is still looks like a bomb hit it and probably will for the foreseeable future, so it's nice to have somewhere to go to and relax.

Barbed wire to keep the enemies at bay?

Soldato
Most of it's my neighbour's, I don't have enemies anymore.

Because you buried them under your new lawn?? I'm on to you!

Edit: more seriously - it looks rather lush! Far from the stereotypical Mexican desert often portrayed in US shows. There are some cracking storms over there, from what I've seen.

Last edited:
Soldato
Aren’t chain link boundary fences are very common over the pond?

Looks like a rather nice part of the world either way.

Yes, mainly because they’re a lot cheaper than building a wall. If I built a wall around the entire land the cost wouldn’t be far off what I paid for our first house here. I chose to put the chain link fence in the parts where the neighbours hadn’t put any, and just build a wall at the front where the gates etc are.

Because you buried them under your new lawn?? I'm on to you!

Edit: more seriously - it looks rather lush! Far from the stereotypical Mexican desert often portrayed in US shows. There are some cracking storms over there, from what I've seen.

The burial ground was at my old house :p

Tbh, a lot of the country is the stereotypical desert. We were lucky to get this land as it’s in a national park, and the mountain formation around the city means that it gets fairly regular rain which keep everything nice and green. The only real disadvantage is you need a pickup truck / SUV to get around when there’s a particularly big storm, but that’s only a few times a year.

Associate
We moved into our house four months ago now and the Garden while presentable, needs some love;

Untitled by mikehhhhhhh, on Flickr

We decided to start with the pond, because that was by far in the worst state;

A good clean, some filters, lights, fountain, treatments etc. later, as well as some fish and it's looking much more like a pond now;

Edit: just found the pond thread, I've posted some more information over there for anyone interested in the pond revival: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/35047225

Last edited:
Associate
Our front garden when we moved in in 2015:

1.JPG

and now 6 years later:

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

i'll post the back garden in a bit