Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
What chairs are those if dont mind me asking look real comfy.

Also reminds me i need to stock up on JD for xmas.

They are amazingly comfy! although when the recliners are in they aren't too great as a normal chair.... But wow when they go back, absolutely spot on. So much so my wife spends all her time in there now!

I got them from LoveSofa.com.... £550 electric recliner with centre console, think it was the Vancouver

Associate
So I recently upgraded my Pc music amp. For the past few years I have been using the budget level amp Marantz PM6005. But I was browsing Ebay one day and found this amp at a very low price so I decided to take a punt on it. Having using Marantz equipment for the past few years for the most part most Marantz amps share the same sonic signature which is not to everyones tastes.

Compare to other manufacturer amps they are tonally warmer has a smoother audio signature. For some this might not be dynamic enough or lack the urgency in music playback say when listening to rock etc. But for my personal taste it appeals to me.

I also moved my aging Cd/dac from my main setup which has been in storage to go against the chord to determine which one I prefer. cables are Nordost Spm reference and my pc speakers are the Bowers pm-1 in nearfield configuration. I also have a Mark Levinson cd transport+dac downstairs but it so heavy I couldn't be bothered to move it, the whole combo is 150lb+. Pics to follow shortly.

3J9fBA.jpg

0QnMce.jpg

Iqm3rY.jpg

OHwZNR.jpg

ZC4SXr.jpg

oIXHJB.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
So I recently upgraded my Pc music amp. For the past few years I have been using the budget level amp Marantz PM6005. But I was browsing Ebay one day and found this amp at a very low price so I decided to take a punt on it. Having using Marantz equipment for the past few years for the most part most Marantz amps share the same sonic signature which is not to everyones tastes.

Compare to other manufacturer amps they are tonally warmer has a smoother audio signature. For some this might not be dynamic enough or lack the urgency in music playback say when listening to rock etc. But for my personal taste it appeals to me.

I also moved my aging Cd/dac from my main setup which has been in storage to go against the chord to determine which one I prefer. cables are Nordost Spm reference and my pc speakers are the Bowers pm-1 in nearfield configuration. I also have a Mark Levinson cd transport+dac downstairs but it so heavy I couldn't be bothered to move it, the whole combo is 150lb+. Pics to follow shortly.

Bet that lot sounds lovely.

Soldato
TnMgoQc.jpg

4k 5.1 Receiver in the unit along with FireTV, BT, Now, PS4 and NAS. Mission surrounding speakers with sub to the left. Centre speaker on the unit, not sure where else to put it now. 60" TV. AT turntable into some cheap Mission standmounts currently blutac to the unit. Gonna pick up Bronze 2s in Jan.

Think I've done all I'm going to do at this point. Hurrah!

Edit. Except remove those plants from the speakers. If I've told her once...

Soldato
I'm being a terrible leech here.. thought I should share mine :)

Dllt7FQ.jpg

Thats a Samsung KS8000 65"
LG NB4540 soundbar (sub in the corner off to the left of the sofa)
Sky Q + Multiroom
Apple TV 3rd gen
Echo Dot
Philips Hue Lightstrip
Ikea Mostorp unit
Sofology majestic (aka my bed.. I swear if I'm tired and my backside touches the sofa I am asleep.. especially when we put it in "weekend mode" and put the footstool in the corner of the L.. it's like a king size bed then lol)

I ought to get a matching soundbar considering who I work for and then I might put the TV up on the wall.

Super happy with the TV though.. when I moved to this from my LG Plasma I was worried I was going to get a tan from it.. soooo bright! And the lightstrip really makes the blacks even blacker.. well worth it.

Associate
Just taken delivery of Bowers 802 Diamond but both diamond tweeters damaged in Transit. Bowers and Wilkins are shipping me replacement tweeters hopefully they get here tommorrow.

cTN8H4.jpg
[/IMG]
cTN8H4.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Shoosh>I will be 100% honest I haven't got a proper amplifier for them yet. I have a shortlist of possible amplification for them. But two of them are pretty hard to get hold of. A Majority of 802 Diamond owners use classe and Mcintosh to drive them. But I fancy something different to the norm.

So the 3 possiblities are Pass Labs, Marantz MA-9s2 and Burmester 911 mk3. But in most cases I lean towards the marantz and burmester more as I have quite a bit of experience with their stuff. I have not heard a pass labs amp. But I am more than sure it capable from what I read about them.

But there are a ton of others that are acceptable like Bryston, Krell, Jeff Rowland etc. Of course most of my list is solid state. I don't like tube based amplification with Bowers speakers. I have nothing against the tube sound in fact I love it. But not with certain speakers brands.

So what I am driving it now is a slimline Marantz avr amp for the time being until I can get the stuff in to audition in my setup. I do have various Marantz stereo amps I could use as well but they have no way the power or current delivery a 802d needs. So it is now part of my console gaming setup.

Which brings me on to another thing. A speaker that is 90db sensitivity but is well known for needing demanding amplification really aggravates me. You can spend the same kind of money or even less on other manufacturers and they don't need the kind of requirements that this speaker needs. And it does not apply to this tier either. Even lower down the range this problem rear it ugly head.

Spend the same money on a Wilson audio speaker and you can drive that with anything practically.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
IiIn7Kk.jpg

New TV and paint job since I last posted. The light strip behind the tv looks a little blown out in the photo again but it’s a bit more subtle in person, just light enough to give a nice effect.

Still want some Tannoy Eclipse floorstanders to replace the front speakers but I’m undecided, as I think it may look quite cluttered if I do

Soldato

Still want some Tannoy Eclipse floorstanders to replace the front speakers but I’m undecided, as I think it may look quite cluttered if I do

I do like a feature wall, I've got the eclipse speakers and they're great. I'd well recommend them, got some pics on the previous page. I imagine they probably fill the sound in the room a bit better than the small ones you have!

Pics here
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/30991656/

I
Sofology majestic (aka my bed.. I swear if I'm tired and my backside touches the sofa I am asleep.. especially when we put it in "weekend mode" and put the footstool in the corner of the L.. it's like a king size bed then lol)
Think I have the same sofa, it's great.

Man of Honour
I do like a feature wall, I've got the eclipse speakers and they're great. I'd well recommend them, got some pics on the previous page. I imagine they probably fill the sound in the room a bit better than the small ones you have!

Pics here
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/30991656/

Think I have the same sofa, it's great.

Very nice!

Out of interest, how long are the mains cables on them? Just so I know that I’d have enough slack to hide them but not so much that they’re a mess behind the unit

Soldato
Very nice!

Out of interest, how long are the mains cables on them? Just so I know that I’d have enough slack to hide them but not so much that they’re a mess behind the unit

There's no mains cables, it'd need to be powered by an AV receiver or stereo receiver which you effectively buy seperate cable for (it costs very little) noting the AV receiver can be of varying size and stored in your cabinet so will have to run the speaker cable from your TV cabinet to the speakers

Man of Honour
There's no mains cables, it'd need to be powered by an AV receiver or stereo receiver which you effectively buy seperate cable for (it costs very little) noting the AV receiver can be of varying size and stored in your cabinet so will have to run the speaker cable from your TV cabinet to the speakers

Oh :D that’s perfect then so can use what I have now

Only reason I asked was the richersounds site says that they are both mains powered

Back
Top Bottom