1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema & Hi-Fi' started by -AnthraX-, 25 Oct 2003.

1. Buffman

Sgarrista

Yeah just the red and black cables. I hid mine behind the Scotia in the room.

Pics here
    https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/30569924/

2. Phate

Caporegime

Move the sub then, or at least make a small gap :D

3. Steedie

Man of Honour

There is!! :p

Use your eyes! I’ll forgive you because the pic is dark

4. james.miller

Capodecina

Buy another sub. Problem solved :D

5. darreny

Mobster

This

6. Phate

Caporegime

Man has a point.

7. Robzere31

Mobster

Not quite up there with some of the high end setups here but got my speaker stands for my birthday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  8. chief barker

Mobster

Your TV stand is the wrong way around.

9. Phate

Caporegime

Very nice Rob!

10. Robzere31

Mobster

I prefer it this way :D

Thanks, after a few days of messing around with settings I'm happy with it all now.

11. chief barker

Mobster

OK ;)

12. Scottland

Capodecina

This is currently what we call 'TV Corner'. The sofa is pretty much in front of the TV, so the picture was taken from the viewing position.

[​IMG]

TV: LG OLED55B7
    AV Receiver: Marantz NR1607
    Speakers: Roth OLi RA1 and matching centre, along with a Wharfedale SW150

There's a Sky Q box next to the receiver, and behind the grey cupboard door is a small ITX PC come 'server'.

13. Steedie

Man of Honour

Love that, very clean and minimal looking

14. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

Had a bit of a reorganize, blame the Mrs for all the ornaments and pictures dotted about though :p

[​IMG]

15. Phate

Caporegime

Some really lovely setups in here.

Hopefully moving this year to somewhere more permenant. Then its time for a hi-fi revamp. Although as demonstrated this morning I will need to move to in wall speakers due to my cats. One of the floorstanders fell over after a cat used it as a springboard! Glad they're around 15 years old now! :o

16. james.miller

Capodecina

Dont your floorstanders have a chamber you can fill with sand ?

17. Phate

Caporegime

Not sure. Although they're bloody heavy. So I'm guessing they might already be filled.

But a 7kg cat using it as a springboard created a tipping effect and gravity won. Floorstander still functions thankfully!

18. shauncr91

Capodecina

Hi, do you have a link for where you bought the tv stand/unit? Looks really smart and just what I'm after.

19. Bobcat

Wise Guy

Thought it was time to upgrade my home system, been using an old Yamaha RX-V430 for some years now which was just pumping out 5.1, always sounded good to me, however it lacks any modern features that i was looking for, so updated to a Denon AVR-X2400H, much happier :)

[​IMG]

Sorry for the cruddy picture, needed to keep things in the same corner (alcove) as all the wires are buried in the wall as i have a 51" Samsung PS51E8000 that is wall mounted, so needed to keep things simple.

Also picked up a Kenwood GE89 (Spectrum Analyzer) as wanted one of these so that when Amazon's Alexa speaks she has a visual response as well as audible, its not going to set the wold on fire for looks, but its clean are fairly mark free for its age, so for £35 off the bay i couldn't resist, it does the job for what i wanted it to do.

The Denon AVR-X2400H powers the same speakers that i had before which are Wharfedale Diamond 5.1 speakers, they are speakers that fit well into the room as it stands, pack a decent enough punch for me (the neighbors love them i know) , when funds allow i will either replace or probably just add Atmos speakers to the existing setup.

Only thing that is annoying me is the VirginMedia v6 TiVo System wont play well with the Denon (i see people complaining online about this, didnt know before), think its an issue with my existing Samsung PS51E8000 only accepting 1.4 HDCP where as the v6 sends 2.2 HDCP, so this is a little annoying, my goal to have everything controlled is snookered unless i buy a new Tellie and that isnt going to be an option just yet, i have one of them HDCP converters from China that cost me £45 (thanks HM Customs) but for the life of me cannot get it working, so will attempt it another day :)

20. HEADRAT

Capodecina

Haven’t seen a graphic equaliser in a few years ;)