Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Kei

Kei

Soldato
My EL34 power amp prototypes have been running well for a few months now. The only slight annoyance is mechanical noise from the mains transformers. (which isn't caused by DC on the mains) I've been thinking of possibly upgrading to some Toroidy Supreme transformers which have a very good reputation for being quiet. Then I need to pull my finger out and decide on a chassis for them.

Soldato
Levelled up on the old sounds.
Decided against a soundbar and went with The Fives by Klipsch.

uc

uc

uc

uc

Last edited:
Soldato
that looks awesome :) how do they sound?

They look even better in person!

First impressions are they're great, I bought them primarily for movies and we watched Jurassic Park last night and it performed in spades. Great imaging, layered midrange and prodigious bass. I've bunged the rear ports as they're close to the wall and thus are boomy otherwise.

For little speakers OMG they sound good and go loud. They like to go loud :D.

Build quality is beautiful and Bluetooth 5 with APTX-HD makes streaming music sound quality.

Soldato
Loving the clean yet high-spec look of that setup (minus the ancient Tivo box I guess :D )!

Can that Xbox be laid on its side? Its form factor looks rather ungainly and won't fit well in most cabinets otherwise!

Soldato
Loving the clean yet high-spec look of that setup (minus the ancient Tivo box I guess :D )!

Can that Xbox be laid on its side? Its form factor looks rather ungainly and won't fit well in most cabinets otherwise!

Thanks Howard.

The TiVo box is just for show ha, like the rest of what's on the shelves. All streaming and USB input nowadays.

Yes the Series X is an odd size. I can hide it behind the TV, not sure if I will yet.

Comprehensive review below on the Klipsch speakers if anyone wants to know more.

Last edited:
Associate
During lockdown i converted a shed into a bolt hole. I used old audio lying about the house,or cheap ebay,well the amp was. Its a 1992 yamaha AX 550 RS 85 watts per channel,£25 from fleebay. Bit of a bargain if you ask me as it cleaned uip like new and now has a remote controll. The speakers are from my loft,Mission 502(the 8" ones.) The stands,£9.90 from fleebay as well and the tv is my old 42" plazma. The only new component is an IFI Zen blue bluetooth decoder to take advantage of my phones HD bluetooth Considering the whole lot cost less than £200 i have to say sounds extremely and surprisingly good... Oh and the
Falcon was late night beer shopping lol Oh and i forgot the rack is an old target rack.was being used as a shelf in the loft:D

IMG_20201215_174755 by rallyslag, on Flickr

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks Howard.

The TiVo box is just for show ha, like the rest of what's on the shelves. All streaming and USB input nowadays.

Yes the Series X is an odd size. I can hide it behind the TV, not sure if I will yet.

Comprehensive review below on the Klipsch speakers if anyone wants to know more.

What stands are you using for the Fives?

Caporegime
Recent upgrade to a 65" Hisense U8Q, along with Microlab Solo6Cs for nice loud and clear sound.

E0LvQ1d.jpg

Also, with some simple bias lighting, this isn't far off OLED imo when watching films. (as in, this is 50% the price of a 65" OLED, but definitely not only half as good).

jH2lfXJ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom