Post your LEAST favourite case

Soldato
Inspired by Noni's favourite case thread, I thought we could do with its opposite number.

So go on then, bar the Vento what is your least favourite case (Vento would make it too easy!)

Can be past or present, now here is mine!

Thermaltake Xaser III VM3000A: Skull Series is my worst case ever.

img40398qk.jpg

I was the not so proud owner of one for a few years, the side panel bent through normal operation, the paint flaked, and the front opened up instead of the door once.

No where near as good as the Cheiftec dragon it tried to rip off, and for that reason it is my worst case ever (bar the Vento :p) I am glad I binned it!

So then, whats yours?

Soldato
OP
For thoose of you who do not know the legendary case that is the asus Vento here it is in all its glory:

39qk1.jpg

705631ninjaturtles3001on.jpg

Ninja Turtle maybe? :p

Soldato
Only one I have nightmares about is one I purchased from a computer show years ago. It was cheap, it was nasty, it cut my hands to ribbons when trying to remove the blanking plates that where on every orifice and to top it off when I had finished loosing blood...the PCI slots in the case didnt line up with the motherboard so binned it :(

Branded case wise though I would say those Beantech see through jobs, why? I dont get it at all they always look a mess no matter how tidy you can be with cabling

Soldato
OP
Surely there are worse cases than the snail, it may not be much of a looker but it is still built like a Lian Li which has to count for something :p

Soldato
OP
It was made so thermaltake would copy it :p

I agree that batch of Lian Li cases was a bit off, the V series and the newer 101/201 G series and the oh so nice S80 one though looks set to be a killer range.

Associate
Siders77 said:

That’s what i was going to post...and there it is.

Utterly disgusting and pointless.

You know "smashmyXbox360.com"? well if they had a "smashmyLian-Li PC-777.com" i would donate every penny i had just so they could purchase this case and smash it to pieces :mad: lol.

Soldato
pr_ca_at_kob132_b.jpg

I actually had one of these... my first decent computer was prebuilt in one and that soon got changed :p

It is made out of steel thats about 0.4mm thick and the edges are like razor blades

Soldato
OP
benjo said:
what is that? :p

Spider case by someone, but look at the design flaw on the front USB panel, at least in that picture it appears that it would need to be on the edge of a desk to open properly :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Yewen said:
Spider case by someone, but look at the design flaw on the front USB panel, at least in that picture it appears that it would need to be on the edge of a desk to open properly :s

Ah well spotted :)

Soldato
OP
Gotta love the thought they put into some of these cases, and the build quality always shines through the cheap plastic, well, maybe...

Soldato
Yewen said:
Gotta love the thought they put into some of these cases, and the build quality always shines through the cheap plastic, well, maybe...

Well anything with a stick on glowing spider is gonna run faster!

Back
Top Bottom