Post your mobile phone desktop!

Associate
wow, never knew you could do this with Android - the stock Android look and feel is the main reason I've never taken a liking to it. It always looked so....2D lame if that makes any sense?

I might just take a leap into Android now that I know things like this can be done but if I may ask...how does one actually fully customise the user interface? Textures, Icons, Colours, Shading, Widgets, Fonts etc? Do you need a special program or do you need to be proficient in a graphics app ?

Soldato
I might just take a leap into Android now that I know things like this can be done but if I may ask...how does one actually fully customise the user interface? Textures, Icons, Colours, Shading, Widgets, Fonts etc? Do you need a special program or do you need to be proficient in a graphics app ?

You just need a launcher like Nova Launcher and add the right widgets. Widgets like Dashclock even let other apps hook into it to add more functionality (such as upcoming calendar events, notifications, weather forecast, etc).

The attractive thing about stock Android (for me) isn't really the look or feel but more the lack of bloated skins and apps. Much better to start clean and make Android what you want it to be.

Associate
You just need a launcher like Nova Launcher and add the right widgets. Widgets like Dashclock even let other apps hook into it to add more functionality (such as upcoming calendar events, notifications, weather forecast, etc).

The attractive thing about stock Android (for me) isn't really the look or feel but more the lack of bloated skins and apps. Much better to start clean and make Android what you want it to be.

not sure I fully understand - looking at those desktop pictures it looks like there is no bloatware at all (was it removed or just hidden)?

What I would ideally like to do if I go with an android (coming from BB10 OS) is just have a single clean homepage with maybe 10 apps in total including phone app. I'd like to be able to change the quality and textures of the icons, the colour and shading, cripsness of the font etc

Are you saying that this is achievable with Nova Launcher or someone would have to go back to Stock Android and do it from there? Sorry I'm clueless with Android never had or used it before!

Man of Honour
Does anyone make there own theme? If so how hard is it?
Can't find anything I like that works.

Currently hate the look if it.
152hxe0.jpg

I like the Tornado theme, but as far as I can tell, you can't edit it or add other apps etc.
301oodj.jpg

Soldato
not sure I fully understand - looking at those desktop pictures it looks like there is no bloatware at all (was it removed or just hidden)?

What I would ideally like to do if I go with an android (coming from BB10 OS) is just have a single clean homepage with maybe 10 apps in total including phone app. I'd like to be able to change the quality and textures of the icons, the colour and shading, cripsness of the font etc

Are you saying that this is achievable with Nova Launcher or someone would have to go back to Stock Android and do it from there? Sorry I'm clueless with Android never had or used it before!

Nova Launcher basically replaces the stock home screen (be it Google Launcher, TouchWiz, Sense, etc) and it offers you to choose how many apps you want per row/column, which icon pack to use, the ability to freely resize icons and widgets, animation style, and many more features: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher

Seems like the sort of thing you're after. I wonder if Nova works on BB10?

EDIT: Just Googled it, wow it can. I guess you can download this (latest stable) and have a practice with it: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/teslac...her/nova-launcher-4-0-2-android-apk-download/

You will need to grab the icon pack APKs elsewhere though, depending on which one you want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom