Post your unpopular TV/film opinions?

Soldato
Making Arnie the good guy in Terminator 2 ruined the franchise because every film since is now stuck with a Terminator, the most amazing killing machine in cinema, having to be a PG child friendly robot.

I love the film and the universe but T2 really left the franchise in bad position because people now wanted Arnie to be the Good Guy so T3 onwards had to forget that only the T2 Terminator (which was destroyed at the end of T2) was the PG child-friendly one and had to invent reasons which each of the new Arnie Terminators sent back was programmed to be nice and fluffy.

Shawshank Redemption to me is 6/10 at best, ok feel good movie, but best ever made? Jog on!

Lucas should have kept StarWars, Disney have taken it around the back of the barn and shot it in the head.

I think Apocalypse Now is garbage.

Soldato
Speaking of star wars - the "duel of the fates" fight between qui gon, obi wan and Darth maul is the best sequence in the entire franchise, including the music.

I rate episode one for that alone.

Oh also agree with Game of Thrones is ****. I really don't get the appeal. Would rather rewatch lotr multiple times.

Man of Honour
Blade Runner is super meh.

I think it was overhyped way too much (watched it only a year ago) and as a sci-fi fan I was really looking forward to it but it ended and I was left sitting there thinking, is that it? :confused:

Associate
Not unpopular opinion but more comment on some of the movie ratings I'd take issue with

How Inception is #14 in IMDB's top films ever made is shameful, not that it's necessarily bad, but it's a 7.5 or 8/10 at best

It currently sits above Goodfellas/Seven Saumurai/The Matrix/City of God. I mean seriously....

On the flip side Napoleon Dynamite at 6.9 is too low, pure comedies generally mark lower but when 'Wedding Crashers' is higher rated you know somethings off.

Back
Top Bottom