Potentially dangerous windows services

Associate
Hi,

I've noticed my laptops fans spinning more than they should do for a while now; finally decided to try do something about it and have found these services which I can't disable:

80bC8sT.png

They claim to be Microsoft, but I cant see Microsoft calling processes "xxxxx_bae79"... Google hasn't found anything, so I'm presuming these are bad. Any tips for removing them, Windoes Defender doesn't seem to be up to the task - I haven't really kept up to date with windows security (to my peril now seemingly), in the past I'd have used Malwarebytes. Is this still a good place to start?

Thanks all

Man of Honour
Are you on the insider ring? I've seen some odd names sometimes in preview builds, etc. I'm assuming not if its a preinstall on an off the shelf laptop though.

Soldato
Just had a look at mine and I have some similar services, although they end in 448f2. My work PC ends in 5ee12 so maybe it's actually normal.

Have you checked in task manager to see if there's anything using the CPU or even the GPU?

Associate
OP
This isn't a pre-install. Laptop is about 4/5 years old and originally had windows 7.

Happy to hear that those process may be normal, but I still have high CPU usage at idle which makes the machine needlessly noisy

4Ao2luL.png

Soldato
why do you say you cannot stop them ?
can't you trace who started them via service menu option and event manager and stop them ?

... but before that - do some more detailed analysis eg. process explorer to establish if they are using cpu/resources

Capodecina
Soldato
. . . Windows Defender doesn't seem to be up to the task - I haven't really kept up to date with windows security (to my peril now seemingly), in the past I'd have used Malwarebytes. Is this still a good place to start? . . .
Download, install and run a copy of Kaspersky. You will get a 30-day trial after which you can uninstall it. It is reported as being the most reliable Anti-Virus program.

ps - there is also a free version of Kaspersky - https://www.kaspersky.co.uk/free-antivirus.

Back
Top Bottom