power conditioner with active PFC?

Associate
i think i may have overcharged capacitors so i was nthinking maybe i should try a ups with pure sine wave output and power conditoning to make sure im getting a clean supply to the computer. But then i thought the power supply (Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1200W) already has Active PFC which itself is a mians conditioner? so is there any benefit to a mains conditioning ups when your power supply is already Active PFC? tx.

Associate
OP
overcharged because the computer runs fine for days and weeks when left on, but as soon as i switch off it wont boot again unless unplugged for a period of time.

i thought active pfc smoothed out the power?

Associate
overcharged because the computer runs fine for days and weeks when left on, but as soon as i switch off it wont boot again unless unplugged for a period of time.

i thought active pfc smoothed out the power?

Power factor correction aims to give a purely resistive load, rather than an inductive load or a capacitive load.

The idea is that it makes the electricity companies life easier. If everyone ran highly inductive loads, they would need to uprate cables everywhere etc.

Some commercial electricity customers will be billed on apparent power to encourage them to correct their power factor. Residential customers are not billed this way.

It has nothing to do with voltage conditioning. It doesn't "smooth out" the power. However, there is no reason for electrical noise to cause the issue you describe. It sounds more likely to be a faulty PSU.

Back
Top Bottom