Associate
Ok, so recently my pc started to randomly loose connection from my monitor followed by a system reboot, however upon looking at my GPU's, I noticed they were not powering on (with the HBM SLI bridge also unlit).

I have since tested each GPU individually using FurMark on 4k max preset and both were fine, maxing at around 55 degrees, but upon a system restart my computer crashed and displayed an amber boot drive LED.

I have run many system checks and have eliminated any dodgy drivers as I have done a clean install of Windows 10 and driver updates, but the problem seems to be completely random, with frequent system hangs and loss of output signal.

My pc now hangs when both GPU's are available, or it will load normally then disconnect with power loss after a minute or two. Event viewer displays a Kernal Power critical issue 41 63 with no further details.

My suspicions are it's either a failing PSU or an issue with my motherboards power delivery to components, as everything still receives power. (a couple of times it displayed the American Megatrends screen)

Any thoughts? as this has now consumed 18 hours of my time trying to debug and sort out with no prevail.

My system specs: (no overclocking enabled)

CPU - Intel 6850k
GPU's - GTX 1080 (sli)
Motherboard - ROG Strix X99 Gaming
RAM - 32gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (3466mhz rated)
PSU - EVGA Supernova P2 1000w
Boot disk - Samsung 960 Pro M.2 SSD 512Gb
Mass storage - Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb

This system has a custom dual watercooling loop, so the CPU and GPU's have waterblocks fixed with hardline tubing, and a total of 3 radiators so cooling is no issue.

Back
Top Bottom