PPI Claiming

Soldato
Is there a company anyone would recommend?

My parents have both had various banks, loans, cards, endowments, etc etc etc and frankly, they sucked at keeping paperwork. Told them just to hand it to a company to do the donkey work for them, even with a large cut taken out, it will be better than not doing it.
Hi guys. Sorry, I've not read through this thread yet but will do.

I've just received a call about PPI from a company called helpyourclaim. No win no fee basis. I thought I'd see the phone call through, I normally don't bother with these things.

Anyway, based on my mortgage with the Halifax which has run for 30 years since 1987 and finishes in November (I extended it in 2012 for home improvements), he said if I'm successful, I'd get £480 for every year, totalling £14, 400. They take 30%+vat but he said I would get 8% interest for each year. He said they have a 35% success rate.

He's sending me a form to sign and return. They take up to a month to process and I'd get money around 10 to 15 weeks later.

My mortgage started as an endowment mortgage with Legal & General and Halifax, and then I changed to a repayment mortgage with just Halifax a few years ago.

What do you think are the chances of me being successful? Would PPI have been sold 30 years ago?

Please just do it yourself - takes 10 mins to contact the companies yourself. They will then send you a form to complete or just use the FCA's own one and send that in with all the details.

Why give up 30% or more to someone who is basically just filling out the same forms on your behalf. Took me 10 mins to contact the relevant companies, then 10 mins to complete a form.

Don't waste your time with PPI claims companies.

Soldato
Is this going to work if no account details are known apart from an address and name?

This is the issue, and honestly I CBA to send off SARs to every possible company as some sites are saying, again, would rather send it off to a company to do the work.

Yes. I only knew my name, address and bank. That was 3 months ago and so far, I'm £23k better off. It took me in total, about 2 hours on 14 claims.

If I had paid a company, they would have taken over 6k.

Just do it yourself. It's free and EASY.

Associate
I have to agree with everyone else, I knew that I had only paid about £500 in PPI against an old credit card and I had no real details, yet I just received my cheque for £2100.60 after filling in the Resolver form.

I was just going to ignore it to be honest as I thought it was pointless... rather glad I didn't (new toys incoming! :D)

Soldato
What exactly does PPI apply to? I've always assumed it was only loans and finance and, as I've not really ever had either, there'd be no valid claim. I did have quite a bit on HSBC credit cards back in the 90s after leaving university though but don't think it applies to those?

Associate
Jusk had the best part of 4k land into my bank acccount from a Lloyds Bank claim. This was for loans I had taken out between 1998 - 2001 and I had no info other than my previous addresses.

I have always declined PPI so it is definately worth checking for the sake of 10 minutes of form filling. I have heard of people getting PPI claims and read about on this thread many times and thought it would be a waste of time for me, turns out I was wrong!

Think I wll send off a few more claims now on previous car finance aggreements etc....

Soldato
After reading this thread I've finally decided it investigate if I'm due anything back from my old Egg Card. I've logged a claim via Resolver so wish me luck and thanks :)

Associate
Same here, just fired off three emails via Resolver to a couple of banks and car finance to see if anything comes back. Need to try and remember/find out which credit cards i had whilst at uni now to send off some more claims. Fingers crossed.

Caporegime
Please just do it yourself - takes 10 mins to contact the companies yourself. They will then send you a form to complete or just use the FCA's own one and send that in with all the details.

Why give up 30% or more to someone who is basically just filling out the same forms on your behalf. Took me 10 mins to contact the relevant companies, then 10 mins to complete a form.

Don't waste your time with PPI claims companies.

And what if it's just a complete stab in the dark? I believe I've had cards/or balance transfers from (what was then) Lloyds TSB, Barclays...

I just fill out: I have a problem with 'X', then just send it off?

People saying, oh I only knew the previous addresses of where I lived nothing else...Half the sections on the Resolver form are Required? Like previous employment, what it was used for etc etc?

Last edited:
Soldato
People saying, oh I only knew the previous addresses of where I lived nothing else...Half the sections on the Resolver form are Required? Like previous employment, what it was used for etc etc?

And? You answer it, if you don't remember, say you don't remember. Like I did. 23k later...

It's only as difficult as you make it.

Soldato
Has anyone had any experience claiming against finance companies used by big corps?

I bought a Dell laptop i remember PPI being added, i remember contacting them asking them why the payment was higher so it was defo mis sold but i can find no details of whom the lender was i believe they had a Dublin address.

I have no paperwork or details, the resolver site does not seem to list PPI as a Dell service and i cannot remember the name of the finance organisation, i think it may have been CIT. I bought the laptop in 2005 on a buy now pay later (naive) paid nothing for a year then got screwed for 3 years. I have googled read many threads but without certain info no idea where to start.

Caporegime
And? You answer it, if you don't remember, say you don't remember. Like I did. 23k later...

It's only as difficult as you make it.

So basically where it asks for anything just say I don't know / can't remember? And thats what you did?

You would think trying to make claims against places you potentially have not taken PPI out on would go negatively against you?

Soldato
Randomly contacted Egg who I had a credit card with and small loan years ago (£6k)

I knew i always rejected the hard sell on PPI on everything - however I must have let the £6k loan slip.

Couple of forms downloaded from FCA and hey presto - £500 cheque for PPI back.

Took all of 10 minutes to do.

Associate
I was just about to ask if any had an Egg card, then saw your post booyaka. I filed a claim against them about 3 weeks back and almost within 48 hours had a letter telling me politely to get lost. Then this morning I received another letter from them giving me the Egg card number and confirming I had PPI on there and if I wanted to take further action against them to write back to them. Is that usual for them, it seems a bit more confusing and convoluted than all the other companies. Is it worth making one more complaint?

Soldato
I was just about to ask if any had an Egg card, then saw your post booyaka. I filed a claim against them about 3 weeks back and almost within 48 hours had a letter telling me politely to get lost. Then this morning I received another letter from them giving me the Egg card number and confirming I had PPI on there and if I wanted to take further action against them to write back to them. Is that usual for them, it seems a bit more confusing and convoluted than all the other companies. Is it worth making one more complaint?

each product is worth trying.

I had an Egg Credit card and egg loan years ago. I knew the Egg card had nothing on it (i was always super careful about ppi/account cover etc) - but some how the loan must have slipped through. Each product must me individually claimed for. Not just one claim per company. One claim per product.

Back
Top Bottom