PPI Claiming

Associate
That was a few weeks ago for me, she rang me again the very next day and I just answered her questions honestly. Said they would get back to me before 10th Oct but so far not heard anything.

Associate
I've a letter at home that the wife opened for me, I have to sign and return a form saying I am happy with what Natwest have offered to pay me.

Are people mad enough to refuse and ask for more? Seems a dangerous gamble.

Associate
PPI related...

I recently filled out a complaint form and sent it off to Black Horse regarding a loan dating back to the mid 90's. Received a letter back stating that they need further information, either loan agreement, statement etc.

As it's a loan dating back to the 90's I don't have any of the original paperwork. My question is; if I write to Black Horse asking for a copy of either the original agreement or a closing statement, should they be able to provide it? I'm happy to pay an "Admin" fee for someone to have to do the digging.

Anyone had to do similar and if so, how far back was it for and who with?

Soldato
The company my partner chose to use as her financial situation was/is a nightmare have proved to be absolutely useless. Though I have managed to negotiate a reduction in the percentage of fees paid on any monies reclaimed because of their cockups which of course have been blamed on junior staff and computer glitches. I do so love the younger generation specially those that work in offices who assume that anyone over the age of 50, I am almost 64, is computer illiterate and could not possible know how to scan a document and attach it to an enail.

Associate
PPI related...

I recently filled out a complaint form and sent it off to Black Horse regarding a loan dating back to the mid 90's. Received a letter back stating that they need further information, either loan agreement, statement etc.

As it's a loan dating back to the 90's I don't have any of the original paperwork. My question is; if I write to Black Horse asking for a copy of either the original agreement or a closing statement, should they be able to provide it? I'm happy to pay an "Admin" fee for someone to have to do the digging.

Anyone had to do similar and if so, how far back was it for and who with?

Ignore... It appears that records are only held for 6 years. :rolleyes:

Nem

Nem

Associate
Bit of advice please chaps.

I put a claim in with Natwest a year or two back for a credit card, not long after I had a letter back saying the claim was rejected as the PPI was added two weeks after I took the card out and that I'd called in to add it to the account. Now I know I definitely didn't but it didn't give me any further options to look at it.

Fast forward to earlier this year and I was advised to do a general check by my new GF through a company she'd successfully used, so gave them all the details and let it run. They finally came back and said there was PPI to claim on a Natwest card but as I'd tried to claim myself and been rejected already Natwest said a 2nd attempt couldn't be made and they could take it no further.

So, just for my own clarity it that correct?

Come forward to last week, and why I'm now looking at it all again, I've had a letter from Natwest basically saying that as I'd previously claimed and failed there is a new element to the PPI claims but now over the price of the commission they charged for the service and not the mis selling itself and that I am entitled to claim again for this. Anyone else heard of this?

I've also got a couple of other accounts to check thinking back including egg and tesco loans, but will go through the Resolver site and see what comes up.

Thanks.

Soldato
How did PPI misselling get so widespread and how did it go unseen for so long? Who 'caught' the scheme out and sounded the alarm on the misselling practice? I find the whole thing so fascinating.

Soldato
yay - just got a letter from nationwide saying that i'll be getting just over £1k for ppi on a mortgage i've had since 2010. I don't think i'd even have bothered claiming without having read this thread so here's to all of you for sharing your experiences and good luck to others! :D

Associate
I had a Woolwich mortgage for a couple of years with PPI. I sent a claim in to Barclays who said they can't trace the account unless I fill in a different form, however I am also concerned that the IFA who set the whole thing up might be disadvantaged if I claim. He still replies to my emails and I think he did actually explain the pros and cons of PPI although ultimately is was a bit pointless.

Soldato
Did anyone see that article about the couple that got back over £120k.

How much credit/finance must they have had in the past

Soldato
Did anyone see that article about the couple that got back over £120k.

How much credit/finance must they have had in the past

I understand those getting a few grand back, but anything of a significant value (say 10k+) screams to me of poor financial management on the customers part.

Associate
The only way I can think of a financial situation like that to occur is through property investment and bridging loans.

If they secured a high value loan for purchasing property while selling/leasing their own and it had PPI attached it would be a fairly hefty chunk of cash.

You need a hefty salary to cover the payments, but it's possible.

Soldato
After hearing "The Claims Guys" adverts all the time when commuting, I decided to take a punt - stupidly believing their ploy that all you needed to give them was your name and they'll do the rest. Turns out, when their glossy pack arrived through the post, they wanted to know details of the lenders, accounts numbers, dates etc... I didn't recall any of these hence taking a punt.

Took out an FOC trial with Experian and got hold of my previous loans, then approached them directly myself - often finding that their respective websites have PPI claims processes clearly listed. Got just a shade under £4,000 for very little effort - the claims guys keep on mailing/texting/calling/selling my details on; they can foxtrot oscar now.

Soldato
I'm tempted to give it a go, but I've got a feeling the majority of products etc. which might be eligable for something like this are in my case probably too recent - when did the whole PPI situartion come to light? Have bought various things on finance but mostly in the last ~5 years or so; have had accounts with various banks but no real borrowing unless you count an overdraft on a student account

Soldato
Very (Shopdirect) say they owe me just shy of £1000 so that's nearly £1.8k back in total.

I'm tempted to give it a go, but I've got a feeling the majority of products etc. which might be eligable for something like this are in my case probably too recent - when did the whole PPI situartion come to light? Have bought various things on finance but mostly in the last ~5 years or so; have had accounts with various banks but no real borrowing unless you count an overdraft on a student account

I opened all the accounts I am claiming from in 2010.

Associate

I think PPI overselling goes back to maybe 2005 ish. It had already come to light as a scandal by then, was particularly big in the 90's.

The IFA who sold me mine was rather sneeky , he convinced me to by it but then explained the pros and cons like a true salesman after selling to me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Annoyingly the only one I know for sure had PPI as I had to accept a lower loan amount as PPI would have pushed up the monthly payments to over what the bank would allow...Nobody can find TSB or the Claims guys

Back in 1996 ish

Back
Top Bottom