PPI Claiming

Soldato
I think PPI overselling goes back to maybe 2005 ish. It had already come to light as a scandal by then, was particularly big in the 90's.

Yeah I figured as much - I'd be very surprised if myself or the wife are eligible for anything in that case... Might still do the check since it's free and to avoid always wondering! But not expecting much if anything

Associate
I was going t ask how far back it can go? I took out a loan in ~2003/4 with Lloyds to pay off my credit card - old school inasmuch as I went into the branch to talk to them about it- and they insisted on PPI on it

Associate
Yeah I figured as much - I'd be very surprised if myself or the wife are eligible for anything in that case... Might still do the check since it's free and to avoid always wondering! But not expecting much if anything

I think I'm going to try. Barclays have a two forms on their site and you don't even need to have the account details.

Except they took over Woowhich which I had my mortgage with for the first two years and apparently the old Woolwich accounts info is only held in paper form ! This means I have to submit a complete claim (before they will send the office junior to rummage through the boxes of paper I suppose) .

I bet they have rules that simply pay out small amounts since it's not worth the hassle so worth a go I suppose.

Associate
I've just started looking at moving house and it appears my mortgage has PPI, though it goes under the name of Mortgage Repayments Protector.

Is this worth pursuing in the near future or is it a lost cause? We have the usual Buildings/Contents/Life Insurance as well so I class this as an optional mis-sold extra?

Associate
I've just started looking at moving house and it appears my mortgage has PPI, though it goes under the name of Mortgage Repayments Protector.

Is this worth pursuing in the near future or is it a lost cause? We have the usual Buildings/Contents/Life Insurance as well so I class this as an optional mis-sold extra?

It could well be, sounds like you've probably been paying it for a while so if you think it was miss sold then complain.

I have life assurance too, but I don't have any dependents and my house is worth 4 to 5 times what I paid so you might ask why I'm still paying that.

Soldato
Instead of getting phone calls asking about historic ppi claims, how long until we are inundated with historic sexual assaults claim agency phone scams??

Associate
Instead of getting phone calls asking about historic ppi claims, how long until we are inundated with historic sexual assaults claim agency phone scams??

I think there is a thing called the statue of limitations, most of these people coming out with historic allegations of knee touching etc at the moment won't realistically be able to press any charges.

Soldato
Is it still recommended to get the claims guys to do the grunt work or is it best to just go straight through revolver?

Read up about all this last year but never got round to doing it.

Soldato
Is it still recommended to get the claims guys to do the grunt work or is it best to just go straight through revolver?

do it yourself - 10 mins filling out a form (FCA have a standard form) - send it in. Awaiting contact direct.

Why was 30/40% in some cases paying someone to fill in a form

Soldato

You can get the claims guys to do the grunt work then take over and approach direct.

I'd forgotten about some loans/car finance but the claims guys have found it. Apart from the one I defo had PPI on though

Soldato
do it yourself - 10 mins filling out a form (FCA have a standard form) - send it in. Awaiting contact direct.

Why was 30/40% in some cases paying someone to fill in a form

I remember people saying that the claims guys were good at finding which loans / credit cards etc had PPI on them. Then you could take the findings and claim yourself through resolver.

It's for a family member who thinks they had PPI sold when they were ineligible at some point but can't remember who with.

Soldato
Some excellent information on here Chaps. I suggested the Claim Guys and Resolver to my Wife, and she just received a cheque for £5,700 this morning, with 2 more claims outstanding :).

I suggested a modest fee of 10% for my trouble (vs 36% that TCG were proposing), but my proposition has been catagorically declined :D. Perhaps I'll get a box of beer out of it.

Associate
Is there any way of finding out easily if you've ever had PPI?

I've had a fair few things on finance and a good few loans, I'm genuinely interested if I've ever had it.

I see Experian mentioned a few posts up, do they keep a log of all of your borrowings and if they had PPI?

Interesting stuff on here and great to see so many people have had a positive result!

Soldato
Anyone recommend a company who will do digging and actually do some work rather than just send out pre filled forms and claim 30+ %

I know i was mis sold PPI by Dell. I believe CIT are the finance company behind it but cannot find anything out about claiming from them. My letters to them have never had any response.

Resolver dont list them and claims guys just go through the standard banks. When i mentioned this to them they seemed to not care only wanted to contact the big lenders.

Im pretty sure i never had PPI on anything else as i was quite hot on it.

Soldato
I've had another rejection letter back, so after six months working at this I now stand at a grand total of £0 pounds and £0 pence.

That's two healthy amounts of PPI rejected.

They both admitted failings in the sale of PPI, but said even with their failings it doesn't warrant a claim being made. Nice!

Here's a small section of the letter

"we do acknowledge that there may have been flaws in our sales process. However, despite this I am not persuaded that any of these failings would have affected your decision to take out the PPI policy."

It goes on to say that they have not seen any evidence that I would have had employers redundancy or the fact I had a private asu policy running at the same time, despite them not asking to see that evidence.

Ian King on sky news said the banks have basically used up the pot of money reversed for PPI, so reading between the lines they automatically reject claims unless you go through the FO. Had I done this a couple of years ago I bet they would have paid out. FO here I come!

Last edited:
Soldato
Ian King on sky news said the banks have basically used up the pot of money reversed for PPI, so reading between the lines they automatically reject claims unless you go through the FO. Had I done this a couple of years ago I bet they would have paid out. FO here I come!

That's simply not true. We've had over 7K in over the past 3 weeks with zero quibble.

Back
Top Bottom