PPI Claiming

Soldato
It was signed after the fee cap, he's already told us that when he first mentioned it! I've not said don't pay the revised invoice I've suggested that he could seek advice on that... Why? Well if there is a chance that he could get out of it as a result of them trying to overcharge (seems unlikely that he would be the only one either) then screw them... I don't know what penalties there are for overcharging or whether they stand to lose more by him reporting their attempts at overcharging etc... have they since made efforts to refund others who didn't realise they'd been overcharged etc..etc.. ergo the suggestion to get advice on it.

CMCs are now regulated. The process will be to raise a formal complaint with them, and if it cannot be resolved to his satisfaction - normally after 40 days - then it can be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service who will investigate. However, if they can solve the problem then no need to complain.

It is pointless going to Citizens Advice when there's already a formal complaint resolution structure in place. Equally pointless trying to raise a super complaint and proving a systemic issue of over charging. The FCA is currently getting to grips with regulating CMCs, and will be taking additional action soon.

Back
Top Bottom