Pre-built PC help

Associate
Hey

Dear overclokers forum

I want to buy a new PC on the overclokers website because of their wide range in parts but I have now idea which parts to choose and how they will play together.

I don't know much about PC parts or anything my budget is £1000/£1050, the only thing I found myself is that the Graphic card I should get is the MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G Graphics Card - 6 GB and CPU Intel Core i5-7600k 3.8Ghz but I'm also not 100% sure about those, I use WIFI only at home if this matters.

I don't really care how the PC case looks I just want the performance, but few fans will definitely help.

Please help me choose the right PC for me

I look for a pre-built around Ryzen and a GTX 1060 as one of the members helped me to navigate to this section of forum

My current PC is getting sold at the end of this month, I will need a fully equipped PC with windows, wifi card or sound card you know better then me

Thank you

Associate
Don't play games over Wifi. You will have the worst connection in the game and you will lose every time.

7600K is completely obsolete. You want a Ryzen 1600. 3X as many threads, comparable perf per clock (IPC). It's the chip you want.

Look at machines based on the 1600/1600X with a GTX 1060 or RX580 (or even RX480) on the OCUK site and see what you can get. Definitely get a machine with an SSD. For your budget, ideally, a low capacity SSD and a high capacity HDD.

You don't need a soundcard. Motherboards have great sound now. You can get a Wifi card if you want but I would strongly encourage you to run an ethernet cable from wherever your modem/router are to your PC.

Associate
OP
I'm used to play over Wifi and I had no problems with it, what do you think about this pc
Also do I need to buy additional sound card or wifi card with the new pc or is it now days that the motherboard has all of it?
Don't play games over Wifi. You will have the worst connection in the game and you will lose every time.

7600K is completely obsolete. You want a Ryzen 1600. 3X as many threads, comparable perf per clock (IPC). It's the chip you want.

Look at machines based on the 1600/1600X with a GTX 1060 or RX580 (or even RX480) on the OCUK site and see what you can get. Definitely get a machine with an SSD. For your budget, ideally, a low capacity SSD and a high capacity HDD.

You don't need a soundcard. Motherboards have great sound now. You can get a Wifi card if you want but I would strongly encourage you to run an ethernet cable from wherever your modem/router are to your PC.

Last edited:
Associate
The PC I linked is way better. Also, you're not allowed external competitor links so you should remove it. Mods will be mad.

You'll need a Wifi card or a USB wifi dongle. Don't need a sound card.

A proper PCIE 1X wifi card with a decent antenna is going to work better than a crummy little USB dongle though.

Associate
OP
Ok, why did you choose such expensive Primary Sold drive and poor graphic card
The PC I linked is way better. Also, you're not allowed external competitor links so you should remove it. Mods will be mad.

You'll need a Wifi card or a USB wifi dongle. Don't need a sound card.

A proper PCIE 1X wifi card with a decent antenna is going to work better than a crummy little USB dongle though.

Associate
OP
Can you build me a PC with Ryzen/Intel i5-7600k, GTX 1060 6GB and 16GB ram memory, I'm sure for my budget I can get pc with those parts. The building of your own PC on the overclokers site is difficult instead of choosing part by part you have to choose from already set prices computers.
I'm used to play over Wifi and I had no problems with it, what do you think about this pc
Also do I need to buy additional sound card or wifi card with the new pc or is it now days that the motherboard has all of it?

Last edited:
Associate
If you pick your parts put them in a basket take a picture and go into the customer service section of the forum and ask them to build it i know the used to build you the PC for you for a small charge think it was between 50-100 quid depending on how complex the build is

Back
Top Bottom